Record marlin Mold

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by Sportfishing Golfito, Sep 28, 2009.

1. semipro

semipro Senior Member

I wish they can do the mold,from pictures.

2. Can't do the mold but you can estimate size and they can do the painting from the pics!

3. hatidua

hatidua Senior Member

It's interesting to see how they make molds but their assertion that this is the largest marlin caught in U.S. waters is off base by more than 400 pounds (unless Hawaii isn't a state all of the sudden...). The mount for the 1,656# version hangs on the wall at The Fishhawk in Atlanta, a shop owned and operated by Gary Merriman, the angler who caught it.

Photos of Huge Pacific Blue Marlin (some of the largest ever caught) - page 1 of 3

4. maguro

maguro Member

It's interesting to see how they make molds but their assertion that this is the largest marlin caught in U.S. waters is off base by more than 400 pounds (unless Hawaii isn't a state all of the sudden...). The mount for the 1,656# version hangs on the wall at The Fishhawk in Atlanta, a shop owned and operated by Gary Merriman, the angler who caught it.

Photos of Huge Pacific Blue Marlin (some of the largest ever caught) - page 1 of 3

Indeed it's off base by almost 600 lbs, because the largest Marlin in US waters weighed 1805 lbs., and was caught aboard the "Coreen C" out of Waianae, Oahu. I believe it was in 1971, and to my knowledge it is the largest Blue Marlin ever caught on rod and reel.

5. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

the dudes outfit in the top right picture is beyond words.

6. hamptonsurf

hamptonsurf Senior Member

you got that right....