Ready to Kill...

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by Pope, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Pope

Pope Senior Member

some tuna. I just competed the Marine Mud Run at the JRD Air Base and came in the top 5.4%. 25 obstacles in 7 miles, 44 degrees outside, soaking wet, running against military personel and I came in 78 out of 1,450 contestants. I ready for a cow now. That is after I sleep! Where is that FAT TUNA?

2. Deep_Sea_Gull

Deep_Sea_Gull Lifetime Supporting Members

Congrats!

I am sure that she's waiting for ya.

3. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Pope,
    I saw your post on bloodydecks.com asking when is the prime time to fish cow in PV. Compile the fishing report in PV last a few years, then you'll get the rough idea. :) You never get objective opinions when you ask to charter boat operations as they simly can not operate only in prime time. :)

4. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

I'm impressed Pope. You must be in good shape. They only time I run is to grab a screaming reel. I call it my 10 foot marathon. I might be able to keep up with you in a 5 yard sprint, after that I'd just sit down and watch you run into the sunset. I do attack to the rod in my bi-monthly exercise program. Probably like McGolfer knocks Drshark out of the way. Drshark might not have very good hearing (it seems from his posting that he talks a lot on the boat)or Mcgolfer is quick on his feet.

5. Bret

Bret Senior Member

. Probably like McGolfer knocks Drshark out of the way. Drshark might not have very good hearing (it seems from his posting that he talks a lot on the boat)or Mcgolfer is quick on his feet.

I think you have them figured out.....

Good Job Brandon.. glad you did well.

6. Uncle Russ

Uncle Russ Senior Member

I'm impressed Pope. You must be in good shape. They only time I run is to grab a screaming reel. I call it my 10 foot marathon. I might be able to keep up with you in a 5 yard sprint, after that I'd just sit down and watch you run into the sunset. I do attack to the rod in my bi-monthly exercise program. Probably like McGolfer knocks Drshark out of the way. Drshark might not have very good hearing (it seems from his posting that he talks a lot on the boat)or Mcgolfer is quick on his feet.

I was having a massive inferiority attack until I saw what year you were born. :) Nice trip. Personally, I have been workiing out to lose weight, gain endurance, and build enough strength to hand the rod to a real man just before I pass out.

Russ

7. STx Fisherman

STx Fisherman Senior Member

Drshark might not have very good hearing (it seems from his posting that he talks a lot on the boat)or Mcgolfer is quick on his feet.

When Howard Cosell died....someone had to take his place. Long live Dr. Shark.

:D

8. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Very Good Brandon.

9. Pope

Pope Senior Member

Thanks fellas. I was thinking I was in way over my head earlier this week, but it played out well. I am bound and determined to defeat a 200lb+ YFT w/o handing it off. Now that I have my new "pimp stick" (80lb class outfit) I have no excuses. BTW, the 10yd marathon is the most exciting race we run!

Uncle Russ-
    On another note...the guy that won the whole thing was 45! I also bet racing canoes keeps you ready for the next cow!

10. galveston1602

galveston1602 Senior Member

pope, where you headed to find that 200#yft?

Congratz on that mud run... sounds like you havent lost a step, now to find a willing COW...

11. Pope

Pope Senior Member

Where ever she swims, but I am partiularly interested in seeing the fishery off PV. Sounds like a good spot for many things besides fishing as well. Maybe we will cross paths off Texas and thanks for the tip ksong