Ray at RayS Custom Works

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by jon holsenbeck, Apr 2, 2020.

1. jon holsenbeck

jon holsenbeck Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen or talked to him recently? I ordered a couple of jigs from him Saturday night and haven't got any shipping notice yet. I'm guessing he's on a fishing trip or something like that. I hope he's not sick or anything like that. Any info you can share on this is greatly appreciated.

Tidetraveller likes this.
  2. cubanfishermar

cubanfishermar Senior Member

coronavirus slow down everything

a1flyfishr likes this.

3. tugasangler

tugasangler Fishing Guru

Just be patient. I’m sure by the time of your next fishing trip they’ll be to your door .

4. a1flyfishr

a1flyfishr Retired Member Supporting Member

Most Tackle shops are open for mail orders only. Usually the shop owner or one employee is going in the shop once a week to fill mail orders. After filling the orders they need to be dropped off and I know I won’t want to be in a crowed P.O. So I would say be patient.

Benny

jon holsenbeck and tugasangler like this.
  5. jon holsenbeck

I'm concerned about his health and the health of his business more than my order. He normally ships the day after you order from him. I can get my money back through Pay Pal or Visa but he can't get his health back or his business back if something serious happens to him. Breaking news: I got a notice this morning that my order is being shipped. Thanks Ray. I'm glad you're not sick.

jshorty, iyaman, tugasangler and 2 others like this.
  6. a1flyfishr

Great to hear Ray is well and things carry on just a little slower.

Benny

kellerman2006, iyaman and tugasangler like this.
  7. r.sheker

r.sheker Member

Hi Jon, sorry for the delay. somehow my email is going to spam. Also saw your emails from a couple of months back about the jigs i was holding for you for layaway.
    I included the layaway jigs on the shipment, hopefully this saves you $ on shipping. Just pay me when you get some extra cash.
    Details are on my reply to ur email.
    sorry for the delay. stay safe.

8. a1flyfishr

Customer service doesn’t get any better than this!

Benny

9. Tidetraveller

Tidetraveller Senior Member

Ray is top shelf! He help me out of a bind a couple weeks ago, always goes the extra mile.

10. jon holsenbeck

Ray's customer service is outstanding, for sure!!! I asked him to put some jigs on layaway for me back in about October and he still had them in stock, wow!! I thought he might've put the jigs back in stock after such a long time, and it was perfectly understandable to me if he did so. His customer service and his products are absolutely outstanding, imo. Thanks very much, Ray!!!