360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
happy monday guys :D

Has anyone here had any playtime with the new rainshadow composite jigging blanks. I've head some say they are faster than most cheap freestyle rods with more backbone. anyway i was just trying to compare the mudhole rods with rainshadow rods.

it's extremly had to find info on rainshodow blanks...

newton

·
857 Posts
i have a custom build rod with a rainshadow blank from bar bar tackle. he would be able to tell you alot about it. i got a 40 to 80 and i was deadlifting 25lbs

·
234 Posts
i have a custom build rod with a rainshadow blank from bar bar tackle. he would be able to tell you alot about it. i got a 40 to 80 and i was deadlifting 25lbs

same here, I absolutely LOVE it...

·
857 Posts
i have mine matched up with a 4000p thing is sick. gonna pot its cherry in march. got a 2 week trip to florida planned

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sounds good. can you guys post a quick pic of the finished rod?
how do you like the jigging action of the rod?

I'm thinking about either the mudhole or the rainshadow

·
Registered
735 Posts
I bent both at the ICRBE this weekend and liked the rainshadow better. IMO the mudhole blank bends into the handle/butt and the rainshadows shut off more at the handle/reel seat.

If you have some time before you need to build/fish the rod then you might want to wait for the XL-lite blanks that are coming out. I have bent the prototypes and they are unbreakable, super light and will kill some big fish. They are probably going to be a bit more expensive than the mudhole or rainshadow though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts