Rainshadow vertical jigging blanks,any good?

Discussion in 'Rods and Rod Blanks' started by newton, Feb 23, 2009.

1. newton

newton Guest

happy monday guys :D

Has anyone here had any playtime with the new rainshadow composite jigging blanks. I've head some say they are faster than most cheap freestyle rods with more backbone. anyway i was just trying to compare the mudhole rods with rainshadow rods.

it's extremly had to find info on rainshodow blanks...

newton

2. baldurs390

baldurs390 Senior Member

i have a custom build rod with a rainshadow blank from bar bar tackle. he would be able to tell you alot about it. i got a 40 to 80 and i was deadlifting 25lbs

3. shanker

shanker Senior Member

i have a custom build rod with a rainshadow blank from bar bar tackle. he would be able to tell you alot about it. i got a 40 to 80 and i was deadlifting 25lbs

same here, I absolutely LOVE it...

4. baldurs390

baldurs390 Senior Member

i have mine matched up with a 4000p thing is sick. gonna pot its cherry in march. got a 2 week trip to florida planned

5. newton

newton Guest

sounds good. can you guys post a quick pic of the finished rod?
    how do you like the jigging action of the rod?

I'm thinking about either the mudhole or the rainshadow

6. mike garone

mike garone Well-Known Member

I bent both at the ICRBE this weekend and liked the rainshadow better. IMO the mudhole blank bends into the handle/butt and the rainshadows shut off more at the handle/reel seat.

If you have some time before you need to build/fish the rod then you might want to wait for the XL-lite blanks that are coming out. I have bent the prototypes and they are unbreakable, super light and will kill some big fish. They are probably going to be a bit more expensive than the mudhole or rainshadow though.