Rainshadow Stand-up/Trolling Blanks

Discussion in 'Rods and Rod Blanks' started by Jason4606, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Jason4606

Jason4606 Tuna Club member

I've seen some posts asking the merits of various rainshadow blanks, and I have a couple inshore models now that I'm really happy with.

Now I want to build a stand-up/rail/trolling rod for my Accurate B2-30 with 120lb braid. I'll likely spiral wrapped w/SiC guides. (Not sure which model yet?) This will be my heaviest rig so it needs some backbone.

But there's no way I can fish with 30+lbs of drag for very long. Thinking 25-28lb at strike with room to go higher when needed. I don't want to be under-gunned. But I really don't want to have the snot beat out of me by a broomstick beast of a rod either!

I found a couple of threads talking about the virtues of Calstar 6460M & H, and thought the H might be a good match. Then when I was searching for prices I found the new Rainshadow Stand-up/trolling blanks...

First of all, am I on the right page with 6460H? If so, will any of the Rainshadow models match up favorably to it? If not, is another model better?

I know that there's more to this than just picking the heaviest blank... But even if I could try to bend these in person I wouldn't know what the heck I should be looking for! :eek: So thanks for the guidance...:)

Jason