360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Tuna Club member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen some posts asking the merits of various rainshadow blanks, and I have a couple inshore models now that I'm really happy with.

Now I want to build a stand-up/rail/trolling rod for my Accurate B2-30 with 120lb braid. I'll likely spiral wrapped w/SiC guides. (Not sure which model yet?) This will be my heaviest rig so it needs some backbone.

But there's no way I can fish with 30+lbs of drag for very long. Thinking 25-28lb at strike with room to go higher when needed. I don't want to be under-gunned. But I really don't want to have the snot beat out of me by a broomstick beast of a rod either!

I found a couple of threads talking about the virtues of Calstar 6460M & H, and thought the H might be a good match. Then when I was searching for prices I found the new Rainshadow Stand-up/trolling blanks...

First of all, am I on the right page with 6460H? If so, will any of the Rainshadow models match up favorably to it? If not, is another model better?

I know that there's more to this than just picking the heaviest blank... But even if I could try to bend these in person I wouldn't know what the heck I should be looking for! :eek: So thanks for the guidance...:)

Jason

1 - 1 of 1 Posts