Quick Release anchor lines

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by VaRandy, Oct 20, 2008.

1. VaRandy

VaRandy Site Sponsor

I am familiar with these for shallow small boat use such as tarpon, etc.
    I am now faced with having to use the concept for larger boats in deeper water with real size anchor lines.

What method/equipment should I use to allow very quick release to allow me to chase down bigger than usual Tuna?

I will not know the length that I would normally need for a conventional anchoring so I envision some attachment that would grasp the line somehow to allow a float??

Those currently chunking know what I need.

2. d-a

d-a Senior Member

randy

we use an anchor ball attached to an aluminum caribiner that attaches to the anchor rope. we just chunk it all over board and motor away

d-a

3. VaRandy

VaRandy Site Sponsor

You are throwing the entire anchor line overboard with a float somehow attached to the non anchor end? You need at least a large knot to stop the caribener (sp)from coming off right?

4. Mitchw123456

Mitchw123456 Senior Member

5. d-a

d-a Senior Member

You are throwing the entire anchor line overboard with a float somehow attached to the non anchor end? You need at least a large knot to stop the caribener (sp)from coming off right?

Yes I throw it all overboard. each 300 feet of my anchor line has a caribiner woven into it. I have 3 sections of 300 feet at all times. Thats enough for 300 feet of water total

d-a

6. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

what d-a said.....rick