question-loop to loop

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by etan, May 10, 2007.

1. etan

etan Senior Member

I've never used these before. How many times do you do the loop to loop? I won't be using more than 20# of drag. Snagged, you're an old f--- also, what do you use?

2. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

make sure when you pull them tight- you grab down the line PAST the loop- or your lines wont be straight. one side of the loop will be loose and the other tight... I looped mine 3-4 times.

3. DavidG

DavidG Guest

4. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Nate,
    I just use a single and keep wood toothpicks to seperate them to change topshots.

5. 6x6

6x6 Guest

snagged the last trip me & carlos mad with DSH i had some trouble with my 50# JB spectra braking while i was jigging . after talking with Jerry he no-longer suggest using a BIMANY now thay Say to use a surgeons lope with 7 wraps what bo you think about this.

6. etan

etan Senior Member

Snagged, I was wondering about a single loop. thanks for your response. I wouldn't have called you an old f--- if I weren't one also. I saw the allcoast post about breaking strengths. I don't plan to pull hard enough to break anything.

7. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Nate,
    We're both old pharts! :D

8. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

snagged the last trip me & carlos mad with DSH i had some trouble with my 50# JB spectra braking while i was jigging . after talking with Jerry he no-longer suggest using a BIMANY now thay Say to use a surgeons lope with 7 wraps what bo you think about this.

I don't use 50 for anything, 80# is my minimium for serious offshore. I have and do use the surgens loop for my 65# that I use for snapper fishing and use a swivel to attach my leader.
    I have also used the Austrailian braid to form a loop with no failures.