Question help newbie here !!! Avet drag setting

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by 187 On The Hook, Feb 9, 2008.

1. 187 On The Hook

187 On The Hook Junior member

Hey guys im new here and i am in need of some help. I recently purchased a Avet Pro 30W and i was wondering how do you set the drag to where you want it because max drag is at 40#? Other then clicking the strike lever. Your help is appreciated.... Don't mind my dumb question :) i lost the manual :(

2. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Hey guys im new here and i am in need of some help. I recently purchased a Avet Pro 30W and i was wondering how do you set the drag to where you want it because max drag is at 40#? Other then clicking the strike lever. Your help is appreciated.... Don't mind my dumb question :) i lost the manual :(
    I am concerned. :)
    You set your drag while in free spool. While in free spool, turn the drag setting knob on the side plate to increase or decrease drag. Then put the drag lever to strike position and check drag with the scale.
    The drag at strike should be 1/4 - 1/3 of line rating.

3. 187 On The Hook

187 On The Hook Junior member

thanks a whole lot ksong that helps alot...i appreciate it

4. TeamOso

TeamOso Senior Member

ya i freaked out last yr when i got my tld 25 and didnt know about setting the drag in free either...

5. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Also,, you be sure your reel is mounted on the rod when you test your drag.. ;)

6. Ragman

Ragman Moderator

Welcome to the board!

You should be able to find a manual in pdf on their website.

7. bunile

bunile Senior Member

You can pick them out by the numbers on that knob. I set mine to a #3 or #4. Usually that works best. Sometimes I wonder if that is in metric or in gross foot pounds per square inch, or what ?

8. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

i have the wide version of the same reel - I doubt you'll want to do over 30-35lbs of drag since if you fill the line with 130lb braid backing and 100lb topshot you will not have a ton of line. plus, that is plenty for almost all fish you will catch