Question Aout JM Blanks

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by Iman, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Iman

Iman Senior Member

Hi, Are the JM blanks good only for jigging because I was planning to use them for drifting and maybe try it for trolling? I am thinking to get a terminator 300g or 400g blank is it good or should I get another type of JM blank. And are the Power spell Blanks available? if so where can I buy them on the web.

Sorry for many questions and Thanks for your Help.

2. SteelingHeads

SteelingHeads Senior Member

Hi, Are the JM blanks good only for jigging because I was planning to use them for drifting and maybe try it for trolling? I am thinking to get a terminator 300g or 400g blank is it good or should I get another type of JM blank. And are the Power spell Blanks available? if so where can I buy them on the web.

Iman,

I believe Ksong has the JM Power Spell blanks in his shop. Drop him an IM to see.

3. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

alot of blanks can be used for different types of fishing.
    i have had guys use JM blanks for most everything, even trolling.

4. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

JM Power Spell blanks should be excellent blanks for chunking. As you can hold it all day as it is light and can give all the power you need. In fact, my 12 days trip out of San Diego in late Nov is to show West Coast guys they don't have to use heavy rods to catch cow as I am confident 500g JM rods can handle 200 - 300 lbs cow.
    The full lengh of JM blank is 5'8".

5. deam

deam Member

alot of blanks can be used for different types of fishing.
    i have had guys use JM blanks for most everything, even trolling.

I am interested to find a trolling rod can pair up with BX2-600. Do you think a JM500 blank with typical guides instead of all roller guides can do both trolling and jigging for 100# up tuna and grouper?

6. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

I am interested to find a trolling rod can pair up with BX2-600. Do you think a JM500 blank with typical guides instead of all roller guides can do both trolling and jigging for 100# up tuna and grouper?
    you could use it.
    there are alot of good choices for that,

7. dan1

dan1 Senior Member

JM Power Spell blanks should be excellent blanks for chunking. As you can hold it all day as it is light and can give all the power you need. In fact, my 12 days trip out of San Diego in late Nov is to show West Coast guys they don't have to use heavy rods to catch cow as I am confident 500g JM rods can handle 200 - 300 lbs cow.
    The full lengh of JM blank is 5'8".

ksong, I hope you are successful. Maybe the west coast rod manufacturers will start making more lighter rods/blanks.

8. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

ksong, I hope you are successful. Maybe the west coast rod manufacturers will start making more lighter rods/blanks.
    I believe they have technologies to make such rods after I saw Super Seeker Hercules blanks. They just had different concepts from Japanese manufacturers'. I landed a 200 lbs blufin wit Hots One Pitch Slider 56XH last month. it is only 9 oz rod and looks fragile.

9. Stryper

Stryper Senior Member

Which 12 day you on K ?

10. saqa

saqa Jonny TooBad

If trolling lures with a lot of action then the jigging rods with heavy tip rating like the 400s are excellent. I tried trolling a rapala magnum and a halco 190 with the 200 once and it was gyrating all over the shop like crazy

11. Iman

Iman Senior Member

Guys which guides should I use on the JM blank. I like the Fuji HBSG Boat Guides (shape) HNSG Casting/Boat Guides(shape) LNSG Concept Casting Guides(shape).

By the way which guides does the JM use (Non-spinning rods)?
    And Ksong can you or some one link you online shop website please.

12. mike garone

mike garone Well-Known Member

Guys which guides should I use on the JM blank. I like the Fuji HBSG Boat Guides (shape) HNSG Casting/Boat Guides(shape) LNSG Concept Casting Guides(shape).

I would go with MNSG, HBSG, or HNSG for fuji. You should also should check out the amtak virtus titanium guides

13. d-a

d-a Senior Member

JM 500g I had, had cmnsg guides on it.

d-a

14. Iman

Iman Senior Member

Need some suggestions. Ill use FUJI HVY DUTY BOAT GUIDES (SIN) MODEL HB for A 300g JM terminator Blank are they good? and Which size should I buy I do not want them big. (Non-spinning). And the Eva grips which should I buy? Because I don't know which one to buy because I do not know the appropriate length of th grips. And which reel seat too.
    Please. and thank you

15. mike garone

mike garone Well-Known Member

Need some suggestions Can you help me choose the guides for A 300g JM terminator Blank please. (Non-spinning). And the Eva grips which should I buy? Because I don't know which one to buy because I do not know the appropriate length of th grips. And which reel seat too.
    Please. and thank you

I would go with MNSG, NSG or the amtack virtus titaniums again for this rod. As far as a reel seat my favorite is a fuji DPSH. As far as grips go figure out what is comfortable for you. A rod that has grips that feel perfect to someone who is 5'6" probably will not feel right to someone who is 6'4". I would just buy a few long pieces and once you figure out how long you want them cut the pieces to size. For me personally on a rod for vertical jigging I would want the butt to sit under my arm while one hand is cranking and the other is either palming the reel or guiding the line onto the reel. For the foregrip I would want something that allows me to fully extend my arms while the rod is at 45 degrees and the gimbal or butt of the rod is sitting in my belt.

16. Iman

Iman Senior Member

the prob is the size of the guides . And from here should I buy em . I found some On mudhole web site. And mike are FUJI HVY DUTY BOAT GUIDES (SIN) MODEL HB good for a 300g Because I really like em. and again can you suggest the size

17. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Aren't heavy duty boat guides heavy ?
    I'd like use guides as ligh as possible as I seldom see guides give any problem.

18. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

The HB series seems WAY to much for a jigging rod.

the SIN do come in a "lighter" BHNNG series..but they are still a heavy frame.
    a MNSG would be fine for what you are doing. the HNSG are a choice for going heavier.
    the amtac are another good choice..priced just a little more than fuji.
    mudhole is a good place to buy..but might not be the cheapest.

19. Iman

Iman Senior Member

Paul or some one can explain me why when I come to choose the size they are like 8j 10j or even with other letters why they just don't do the Outer diameter in cm it would be easier to buy the size. can some one explain me what does the 8 means and the J means In the case of the msng size selection at mudhole. and if you have any other web where I can buy guides Please link them
    Thank you very much