Quantum's 2-speed big game reel

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by Minnow, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

http://www.quantumfishing.com/swreels/arubaPTs_trolling.html

Aruba ALD 20PTS
    Quantum's first true offshore reel, Aruba PTs represents the finest engineering and design technologies available for the big game fisherman. $ 489.95

Aruba ALD 30PTS
    Quantum's first true offshore reel, Aruba PTs represents the finest engineering and design technologies available for the big game fisherman. $ 499.95

Aruba ALD 30WPTS
    Quantum's first true offshore reel, Aruba PTs represents the finest engineering and design technologies available for the big game fisherman. $ 539.95

2. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

very interesting.... lots of drag on the little one(20). Cant find any weights of them though. If that little guy wieghs on the down low side... that might make some stiff competition to the AVET HooX... 2 speed lever drag.... The wording and pictures look good.... Wonder how the internals stand up to salt.
    max 60# of drag.... Very interested in seeing what breaks on this reel under 60# of drag.... I dont think they can afford to advertise on a new reel and have any sort of mechanical failure.. I will check to see what my cost is on one thru West Marine.

Ifn only they woulda made the high speed on the little guy up around 6:1..... that woulda sold me.

3. Capt. Mike Ellis

Capt. Mike Ellis Member

We have been fishing the prototypes over here in Venice since mid summer. They are very nice reels.
    capt. Mike

4. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

sweeeeet! How much does that 20 size weigh? what is it relative to sizewise?? Trini 20,30???