PV... The Cows are there

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by Bret, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Bret

Bret Senior Member

there have been some rather large tuna caught in the past few days.. in Puerto Vallarta...

heres a pic of a 323 and 272.. I stole the pic from BD.. We will be there in
    9 days.. :eek:

Attached Files:

2. STx Fisherman

STx Fisherman Senior Member

Wow....those are some big cows!

Good Luck, Breat and others.....you guys are going to be there at a great time!

3. rtran

rtran Senior Member

There have been even more caught recently also. A 385lb was taped out yesterday. Today another 220lb caught.
    Here is a guy I know with his 300 recently.
    [​IMG]

4. feeder

feeder Senior Member

Good luck Bret. Take plenty of pics to share when you get back.

5. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Man, best of luck guys. I hope you nail them!!

6. Earl

Earl Senior Member

Good luck Bret! Man, that would be a nice trip and experience. Earl

7. tunacrazy

tunacrazy Senior Member

Bret, best of luck to ya down in P.V.! We will be there about the same time. We fish the 7th 9th and 10th. two of the day with danny gomez and one day with osana bros. I hope the chew is going on by then. Bruce

8. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I will fish in PV Oct 3,4 and 5.

9. Bret

Bret Senior Member

I will fish in PV Oct 3,4 and 5.
    Who are you fishing with kil?? Rick, Gres and jeremy will be on the pacifico and Argo and I will be on the Top gun for the same days.. We will have to get together while down there..

10. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Who are you fishing with kil?? Rick, Gres and jeremy will be on the pacifico and Argo and I will be on the Top gun for the same days.. We will have to get together while down there..
    I don't know about Argo, but you have top captains like Manny and Moll.
    Where are you going to stay ? I am thinking about renting a condo in Paradise Village or at Marinas. I'll fish with Capt Luis with whom I fished last year. I like him a lot though he is not serious offshore fisherman. He has a 28 ft nice panga and the boat is perfect for me as I can do whatever I want. :)
    I am pushing TJ to join me. I feel he can be lured if I push a little bit more. :) I know how much he loves to fish in PV, especially he can not go fishing out of Freeport, TX now.

11. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Kil, we are staying at the raintrees villa vera in the marina vallarta area.. I hope you can convince Tj to go.... now is the time to be there.....

12. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Boy, I wish I wasn't so swamped at work right now. I'd jump on a plane in a second to take advantage of the hot bite in PV. Never fails that work gets crazy the same time big fish decide to bite. Good luck to you guys. I'm jealous.

13. jt2hunt

jt2hunt Senior Member

14. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

TJ is hesitant because he booked a tuna trip on the Voyager out of NJ on Oct 9 which Paul708 arranged. When Paul asked me to join the trip, I said no because I am not sure where I fish around in early Oct and weather can be a big factor in Oct. I told TJ he should go to PV as his chance to go on the Voyager is half and half due to weather. :)

15. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Twist Tj's arm.. now is the time to be fishing PV!!

16. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Bret,
    I just reserved a two bed room condo at the Marina Sol which is facing the Marina in Marina Vallarta. Capt can pick us up right in front of the condo.
    I can meet you for dinner or for a drink after fishing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

kil will you still be up here on oct 8/9/10 or are you going to PV that time?

18. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

kil will you still be up here on oct 8/9/10 or are you going to PV that time?
    I come back from PV trip on Oct 6, take a rest one day and pick you up at Newark airport on Oct 8 and resume fishing with you. :) If weather is bad from NJ to Cape Cod and good in NC, I might drive down to NC as soon as I pick you up.

19. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

its too bad canyon fishing sucks this year. the bluefin seems to be better this year than any i remember, but im not too old :)

NC is always fun....you catch fish no matter what

i'm just excited to get back out....been too long for me :(

20. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

its too bad canyon fishing sucks this year. the bluefin seems to be better this year than any i remember, but im not too old :)

NC is always fun....you catch fish no matter what

i'm just excited to get back out....been too long for me :(
    Bluefin fishing was good only 40 miles from NY Harbor for two weeks before the storm, but they kept it quiet. I can get uptodate info from top charter boat captains. If they still catch them and weather is good, we go for them.