360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a little problem. Took all my line off my stella 20000 .Have some braid to put on reel and decided to go to gander mtn and have them put it on the reel since they have a line machine. Well shoo , the spool on the stella is too big . I tried several other places but got the same situation. I dont think I could get the line on very well with the twist that comes from winding directly to the reel from the spool. I do know about turning the spool over and all that but I have a problem not getting the braid tight enought. Suggestions welcomed

G

·
john
just put it the spectre on like a conventional reel will lots of tension on the spool of line. set the drag on the stella to about 25lbs and crank away. as long as you don't have any slipage on the spinners drag you won't have any twists and you can spool the whole reel. you could also spool it up and then let it out behind the boat and with a small swivel on the line and crank it back in while the boats running out. the only problem with doing it on the boat is you will have spectre that has saltwater on it next to your spool and it will corrode the spool pretty quickly. ....rick

·
1,541 Posts
you need to have the spool of line vertical just like it was a spinning spool. and put tension on it. if you do it just like a conventional with the spool horizontally you'll have tons of twist

G

·
you need to have the spool of line vertical just like it was a spinning spool. and put tension on it. if you do it just like a conventional with the spool horizontally you'll have tons of twist

i know with mono you are absolutely correct but with the lack of memory in the spectre i don't find this an issue....rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts