Put my best friend down today.

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by Bret, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Well after 16 years of being the best Chessie in the world.. I finally had to put old Chula down. Probably the hardest thing I have ever done. Hip dysplasia did her in. When the meds stop helping it was time to go.. She fetched a shit-load of doves for me and others over the years.. I am sure gonna miss her..

2. Deep_Sea_Gull

Deep_Sea_Gull Lifetime Supporting Members

I feel for you and your family..

3. papio

papio Senior Member

I feel your pain Bret. I have four running around the house. The look in their eyes just breaks you down. Best friends for sure.

4. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

Dang, that's the toughest thing I have ever done.
    My deepest sympathies to you, Bret.
    -Brian

5. txseadog

txseadog Moderator

Sorry to hear that.

6. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Bret,
    I'm sorry for you.

7. thenewkid

thenewkid Senior Member

Its never easy, im sorry for the loss. Juss think that you got 16 years thats a long time. I got 3 with mine before some jackass in a truck decided that my dead end road would be the perfect spot to do 60mph to test his new toy....:( :mad:

8. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

Sorry to hear that.

9. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

sorry to heat that Bret

10. awesum

awesum Senior Member

Sorry to hear this Bret .... I know it's tough. Hopefully before long the pain will be replaced by fond memories of times you two had together.

On successive years about three years ago I had to put down two of my friends one was 13½ and the other 16½. It's like losing a family member.

11. STx Fisherman

STx Fisherman Senior Member

So sorry Bret...very sad indeed.

Good luck on finding another dog like her. The memories will start anew whenever you do find another one.

12. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Thanks, yall.. it was tough.. but I got a call 10 secs after posting this that my mom had a heart attack and is in hosp in S.A. so I busted out of Dallas and just arrived in wimberley to pick up my bro and head down to San antonio.. shes ok. had to put a stint in left ventricle.. I hope nothing else happens today....

13. Bolo

Bolo Senior Member

Sorry for your lost. :(

14. Jason4606

Jason4606 Tuna Club member

$hit man, have a couple (or 12) hard drinks and go to bed Quick! I really feel for you... Bad news always seems exponentially worse when it comes on the heels of other sorrow.

But that is great news that your Mom is OK, she's been fully checked out, and the stint is in. Tomorrow will definitely be a brighter day!

15. spineyman

spineyman Senior Member

It is real tough having to do that, They become just like one of the family. Maybe you can get another. Glad to hear your Mom made it out with flying colors.

16. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Bret, sorry to hear all this. I am glad your mother is recovering well.

17. Pope

Pope Senior Member

Poor ol Chula. I am sorry to hear she is no longer with us. I hope everyone else is doing okay with the change. I also hope your mom pulls through just fine. That is scary. Prayers sent.

18. feeder

feeder Senior Member

Best of luck Bret. Sorry to hear about this.

19. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Thanks Yall,
    Mom is feeling much better.. the heart sonogram that they will do today will determine if there is any damage.. We really appreciate all of the thoughts and prayers.. You guys are great..

20. Cudakilla

Cudakilla Senior Member

Sorry for your loss Bret. It sucks.

Interestingly enough we named our rescue apbt 'Chula' as well. In memory of our stolen dogo argentino named 'Chulo'.