Purple AVET

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by PiePuncher, Feb 16, 2007.

1. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

Was it bighead that recently had the purple avet at the last party? If so, how have you liked your reel so far? Any of you other guys have any experience with the avet 2 speed reels? I am considering picking one up.

Thanks

Keith

2. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

I've got the Pro 30N and really like it,

3. bpitcher

bpitcher Senior Member

I like all the avets i've used. I plan on picking up a 4/0 this summer, hopefully before they're all gone. You can find some pretty good deals on them as places are trying to sell them all to make room for the new pro 30s.

Brad

4. Mitchw123456

Mitchw123456 Senior Member

I like all the avets i've used. I plan on picking up a 4/0 this summer, hopefully before they're all gone. You can find some pretty good deals on them as places are trying to sell them all to make room for the new pro 30s.

Brad

good luck.. I just tried to pick up a couple more from cabbage key who in turn got with the Avet factory and said they no longer had any. I'm sure a few stores still have a few but don't imagine they will for long. So far I have loved all of my Avets both single and two speeds.

5. bighead

bighead Senior Member

That was me Keith. I really have not given it a good try out. Gem was cut short, this weekends trip to Boomvang got postponed to a weekend I can't make. My next chance to use it looks like the Cinco trip. I don't think you can go wrong with one of the Avets. Really nicely made and a good value. How are those Fairfield fish biting? Bert

6. DeepBlueGulf

DeepBlueGulf Senior Member

I use an SX, JX-2spd, and a Pro30N, and they are all awesome! Those three reels would cover you for anything you want to do in the gulf, short of trolling for Marlin, or dropping for Swords.

The SX is purple....

DBG

7. Fishhead56

Fishhead56 Senior Member

Charkbait still shows to have the EX and EXW 4-2 at the same price as Cabbage Key .
    Cabbage is still listing these reels on E-Bay. So I don't know why They couldn't sell you one over the phone.

8. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

9. Rooster

Rooster Guest

I got a Blue MXL 2 speed around Christmas and have only got to use it on one one 8hr. trip on a couple small kings but it worked great. Still waitin on the Hoo-X.

10. bpitcher

bpitcher Senior Member

Cabbage key has them at a great price on their website. I might just have to go ahead and bite the bullet.

Avet has discontinued the EX 4/0 series of reels. This includes the EX 4/02
    and the EXW 4/02 2 speed reels. They have been replaced by the newer Pro 30 series reels
    The great news for you is the price, they
    have reduced it dramatically to blow out the remaining stock. Get them
    while they last, once these are gone, thats it
    Very LIMITED supply, order now

EX 4/02 2 speed.............. $319.00 BUY NOW
    Silver only, all other colors sold out

EXW 4/02 2 speed.......... $359.00 BUY NOW
    Silver & Gold only, Blue is sold out
    I do Have 4 in Black, be quick

11. TeamOso

TeamOso Senior Member

I got a Blue MXL 2 speed around Christmas and have only got to use it on one one 8hr. trip on a couple small kings but it worked great. Still waitin on the Hoo-X.
    What rod did you put it on rooster?

12. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

Keith, I still have my PURPLE EX4/o-2n for sale. looking to p/u a Pro-30n
    see my ad here & @ TFF. think I pm'd you once......
    tight lines
    -Brian

13. shanker

shanker Senior Member

Keith, I still have my PURPLE EX4/o-2n for sale. looking to p/u a Pro-30n
    see my ad here & @ TFF. think I pm'd you once......
    tight lines
    -Brian

where do you have it listed and how much? What is it spooled with?

14. Brewgod

Brewgod Junior member

Chris at Islanders in Galveston still had a silver 4/0 - 2 last week (6-7-07), but wanted full retail for it, $389 I think...

15. bpitcher

bpitcher Senior Member

Talk to MIKEW on 2cool. I got my 4/0w from him for a great price.