Puerto Rico tarpon report and pics

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by venicenporta, Apr 29, 2008.

1. venicenporta

venicenporta Guest

P.R. tarpon report and pics

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The fishing has been very good this week for me. 27 for 47 in 4 days with a 126 and a 113, countless others between 40 and 100. It slowed down considerably the last two days to a 2 to 5 bite average per trip. The 126 was pretty cool, that fish was determined to get in the mangroves and after an hour it finally made despite every trick in the book. I had it on one of my avet mx series full of 20lb braid and it got around a log. I got the customer, Phillip to drive me to the log and I tried to stick the rod in the water to go around the mangrove limb, but it had grown into the bottom. The fish was still up on the surface and I was freespooling to keep it from cutting itself on the mussels. Then I took the paddle and got the line on the other side of the limb closest to the fish and wrapped myself up in the line and cut the line and bllod knotted it to the original rod and unwrapped my self from the braid and handed the rod to Andy and we proceeded to boat the fish after 30 more minutes. I've done that with countless tuna, but that was the first tarpon...It's nice when a plan comes together!
    Mike

Attached Files:

2. venicenporta

venicenporta Guest

afew more

Attached Files:

3. venicenporta

venicenporta Guest

afew more

Attached Files:

4. rhale

rhale Senior Member

Great report and pics.

5. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Awesome Pics. Looks like a lot of fun!

6. venicenporta

venicenporta Guest

Like this chief...jajajajaja
    Mike

7. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

in one of those pictures i didnt see too many tarpon.......... ;)

8. venicenporta

venicenporta Guest

yeah well, the scenery aint bad either...
    Mike

9. D-22

D-22 Junior member

Like this chief...jajajajaja
    Mike
    No I don't really care. I just go to Boca if I care. I don't really care about your ad for tarpon on tuna forum. -Ciao paiaso. :)

10. venicenporta

venicenporta Guest

Go then d$#ckmunch. I have never tried to sell a trip here once. I am from the great state of Tx and wanted to share a few pics to add alittle spice on here. Don't get your panties in a bunch pedro. Post afew more of your many tuna pics, I will...
    Mike

Attached Files:

11. DeepBlueGulf

DeepBlueGulf Senior Member

Shoot, I remember that trip on the Shogun!!

Tom - DBG

12. Fishhead56

Fishhead56 Senior Member

Fishing the Boca is like trying to push a grocery cart through a Walmart the
    Sunday before X-mas. It aint that great no matter how cheap you can get
    a new TV for.

But paddeling deep into the Glades above Flamingo in "No Motor" restricted areas to jump young tarpon and snook in the middle of summer is a deal worth the effort.

The group I work for has a year long project under way now in P. R. which
    I wanted be asigned to as the first thing I thought of was a chance to fish
    those Tarpon in the Lagoon...

Thanks for the reports.

A jack fish is a member of the jack fish family right?;)

13. venicenporta

venicenporta Guest

a new TV for.

But paddeling deep into the Glades above Flamingo in "No Motor" restricted areas to jump young tarpon and snook in the middle of summer is a deal worth the effort.

Thanks for the reports.

The only analogy for a good morning bite with a strong tide and a good moon in the spring or fall is a floater with the same situation. It ERUPTS in frenzies all over only instead of 100lb yft's they are 100lb poons eating mojarra, a giant pinfish looking thing with hybrid striper like stripes. Freakin frigate birds everywhere, it's like tuna frishing for blue marlin in 20' of water;) .
    The rest of the year they are 20 to 60lb average, but just as plentiful. We do night trips which I highly recomend. They are based on strong tides so the times differ and are based upon schedule. The night bites are very consistent to unbelievable and have a much greater chance of targeting over size fish in the off months for big fish.
    Mike

1 character

14. D-22

D-22 Junior member

a new TV for.

Thanks for the reports.

You try to make joke but nobody laugh and it reads incredibly unfunny. Maybe you don't have much good experience in Boca Grande, I don't really care though. As anybody who have landed big tarpon there will not say such a thing. And NOBODY in Boca or anywhere else in Florida in these days refer to Boca as "THE" Boca. Just simply Boca.:) For example: "I'm headed up to Boca this weekend..." Maybe once again this is your feeble attempt at being witty or sounding clever...or maybe you are just very old and this was "cool" terminology in your day? Whatever is the reason, you are a weirdo in this manner jajaja...Go to see the size tarpon they put you on even still today, who care if is crowded. And my point is if I want catch juvenile tarpon all of the days I don't have to go to Puerto Rico, or foolishly get trick into thinking I need to plan charter with one paiaso like the "Baby Tarpon Clown" jajaja... I just go to visit Tampa or Egmont. Is like this, pay attention. Don't talk with me about snook and tarpon buddy. These parts of your post really make me laugh. That you mention these fish which are plentiful where I live. You mention these waters of the state in which I currently reside. You speak of Puerto Rico fishery which is only couple hours flight away from me. You think you are giving me a profound lesson on how is Florida fishery and how is fishing in Puerto Rico?!?!?!?! jajaja Save your air buddy.:) This is internet and I don't really care but I find this to be very comical. I don't really care if you lived or fished here many years ago, I live and fish here TODAY. In fact your attempt at comical post from sarcasm and attempt at witty analogy fail, but same time your post is very funny. Thank you for the laugh senor funny man. You are most likely defender of the "Baby Tarpon Clown" on here true? When the last time you in Puerto Rico old man? Maybe you can go to visit San Juan with me and my friends, and we can go to los caserios one night eh?? Have a big party in the caserios, lot of drinking, lot of women, morenas everywhere! Sound like fun for everybody right old senor funny man? From the look of your avatar, maybe you should stay to that style of fishing? jajaja...

15. D-22

D-22 Junior member

Go then d$#ckmunch. I have never tried to sell a trip here once. I am from the great state of Tx and wanted to share a few pics to add alittle spice on here. Don't get your panties in a bunch pedro. Post afew more of your many tuna pics, I will...
    Mike
    First thing to put is that I don't really care where you are from Mr Baby Tarpon Clown. The one and only thing that I agree upon with you es that Texas is very great state. But for you is irrelevant as just because Texas is great, does not mean you are great, even if you are from Texas. :) You attempt to insult me by refer to me as "Pedro". This is proof that you are very ignorant person. You maybe think that because of my english this will go unnoticed by me. But english is my third language buddy. Maybe you can learn two more language and venture to other forum, maybe GT forum even, to post more baby tarpon and snapper? For me is not important. I care about product from OTI and report from master tuna angler more than snapper. Goodbye Mr Baby Tarpon Clown as I have put you on my ignore list. Very good luck with your snapper fishing. :)

16. venicenporta

venicenporta Guest

I guess we figured out who the first class, ten out of ten, a rated, # 1 prick is on here...Hes easy to spot...he's the one who don't speka da english...
    Mike

17. D-22

D-22 Junior member

I guess we figured out who the first class, ten out of ten, a rated, # 1 prick is on here...Hes easy to spot...he's the one who don't speka da english...
    Mike
    Chupa me puto..I speak more number of languages than your ***** size. And that's only three..."inches" for your case cabron.

18. D-22

D-22 Junior member

Mike
    Su pai gosta de dar a bunnnnnnnda e apanhar igualllll uma putita..There is your alternate language lesson for the week. Ciao:)

19. venicenporta

venicenporta Guest

i thought you were ignoring me shitbird...
    Mike

20. mozambik

mozambik Junior member

Awesome fish gj :)