360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JIGNPOP.COM NON-SPONSORED, BUT JOINED TEAM go to Panama to test prototype rods. :)

New carbon rods amazed me. No one could break the 250g jigging rod even they tried hard. :) With right action, light weight and super strength, I have no doubt these rods will be very popular among jiggers around the world.

If testing in Panama is successfuly, I'll introduce the rods at Sommerset Saltwater Fishing Show, NJ in March.

Popping rods are pretty good as of condition, but I feel it need a little more refinement.

Yamaga rods from Japan are also amazing. 7'5" Bluesniper 75/4 weighs only 9 1/4 oz. :eek: The prototype 8'2" Yamaga Tuna 82 is only 14 oz though it is rated to upto PE10. Yamaga jigging/popping rods will be hot sale items in the US as well as around the world soon. I am really excited to introduce fabulous jigging/popping rods to other fishermen.

1. 5'2" Cape Cod Special 450g by Black Hole
2. 5'4" Cape Cod Special 450g by Black Hole
3. 5' Cape Cod Special 350g by Black Hole
4. 5' Cape Cod Special 250g by Black Hole
5. 5' Cape Cod Special 350g spinning by Black Hole
6. 8'6" Cape Cod Special popping rod by Black Hole
7. 8' Cape Cod Special popping rod by Black Hole
8. 7'6" Cape Cod Special popping rod by Black Hole
9. 8'2" Tuna 82 proto-model rated to PE10 by Yamaga
10. 8' Bluesniper 80/5 rated to PE5 by Yamaga (not prototype)
11. 7'5" Bluesniper 75/4 rated to PE4 by Yamaga(not prototype)

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kil,
When do you plan on hitting Panama, my next vacation is march.

ED
I am leaving tomorrow and I start packing now. :)

·
444 Posts
Have a great trip, Kil! Can't wait for the reviews!

Let me know when you get back and we can go to Ushiwakamaru! :D

·
2,753 Posts
The JOINED trip idea is great!! Haha ;)
Kil, you are funny.

As for the trip, please bring a PE5 jigging master on the 350Gram black hole rod :). I have interest in that paricular models strength.

Enjoy the trip! Assembly is waiting for when you come back!

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The JOINED trip idea is great!! Haha ;)
Kil, you are funny.

As for the trip, please bring a PE5 jigging master on the 350Gram black hole rod :). I have interest in that paricular models strength.

Enjoy the trip! Assembly is waiting for when you come back!

When I can make lots of money from my shop in the future, the JOINED trip will become the SPONSORED trip. :)

Yes, I'll bring PE4 and PE5 reels. Unfortunately the Japanese jigging reel didn't arrive in time. :(

I could manage to put 7 spinning rods (6 popping rods and one jigging rod) and 4 conventional jigging rods in Nature Boys rod case except two rod butts which I carry on.

·
4,574 Posts
Good luck Kil!! Will you be at your office til 11 again tonight? lol prepping your gear?

btw, next on the list is that 7'5" PE4 Sniper ;)

·
Wannabe Tuna Fisherman
1,814 Posts
When I can make lots of money from my shop in the future, the JOINED trip will become the SPONSORED trip. :)

Yes, I'll bring PE4 and PE5 reels. Unfortunately the Japanese jigging reel didn't arrive in time. :(

I could manage to put 7 spinning rods (6 popping rods and one jigging rod) and 4 conventional jigging rods in Nature Boys rod case except two rod butts which I carry on.

Jeez, what's the declared/insured value of this "luggage"?

·
Site Sponsor
1,013 Posts
Kil !

I am excited to have my X'mas gifts , you don't have to bring me that many gifts, just 4 or 5 rods and a JM reel , thank you in advance , see you Friday, Reggie and I got to PSFL this evening, safe trip

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the arrangement of Panama City tour on Christmas.
I am sure my wife doesn't mind for me to go fishing every day after the city tour. :)
When you have time, please check Boquete Garden Inn in Boquete.
It looks my wife would love the place and I'd like to stay there at least one night. Should I bring a fly rod for trout there ? :)

Boquete Garden Inn | Boquete Panama Hotel

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My wife and I arrived at Panama at 10:30 pm on Dec. 24 and stayed one night in Panama City. As the flight to David was on 4:00 pm, we decided to go to Portobelo on Carribean Side with a guide arranged by John of Panama Sportfishing Lodge.
Even it was a half day tour, the trip to Portobelo was very enjoyable and pleasant. I can not uploading pictures to photobucket.com.

Dec. 26

John's brother Reggie and myself fished with Capt Macho today.
We went to Hannibal Bank first and it was very promising with lots of birds and baits in cobalt bluewater. It was easy to make baits. I asked to use two Black Hole jigging rods with Accurate B230 and Marfix W6 reel for trolling to test them. Both are filled with over 450 yards of 80 lbs braided lines.
We had a few run-off, but they didn't take trolled bonito.
Reggie used Yamaga 82 prototype rod and I used Yamaga Blue Sniper 80/5. Both are very light, but we didn't have any chance to fight fish with them.
Finally a nice sailfish took trolled bonito. I asked Reggie to fight the fish as i wanted to observe the action of the 450g Black Hole rod.
It looks the rod has enough backbone and it bends nicely. But I feel the sailfish is not strong enough to appreciate the power and action of the rod.
The Marfix reel used has very smooth drag and Reggie looked comfortabel to fight with it. However, I am wondering why they make such a big jigging reel which is similar to B2 30 in size.

John and Reggie setting up reels for 4 boats when we arrived at the lodge at night on Dec. 25.

Reggie fighting a nice salifish with prototype 450g Black Hole rod and Marfix W6 reel.

Reggie casting with prototype Yamaga 82tuna. Two - three fishermen cast comfortably with high rail on the bow.

We decided to go for snowy grouper on jigs in the afternoon. Macho went to deeper water over 600 ft where he seldom goes with normal customers.
Snowy groupers were there in big number and the sizes were impressive !!
We made only two drift not to kill too many groupers as they can not survive once they float on the surface. You can see the excitement from Reggie when he landed his biggest snowy grouper ever on his first drop.

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp157/panamasportfishinglodge/IMG_4915.jpg
Reggie and Macho's son fighting nice snowy grouper on jigs.
They both used prototype 450g Black Hole rods.

Reggie with his biggest snowy grouper ever.
http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp157/panamasportfishinglodge/IMG_4928.jpg

Mocho's son's nice snowy grouper.
http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp157/panamasportfishinglodge/IMG_4926.jpg

Even Macho joined the action with a jig. He used 350g Black Hole rod with JM PE5 reel.
http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp157/panamasportfishinglodge/IMG_4932.jpg

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp157/panamasportfishinglodge/IMG_4933.jpg

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp157/panamasportfishinglodge/IMG_4938.jpg

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp157/panamasportfishinglodge/IMG_4951.jpg

No fishing today. I am going up to Boquete with my wife and serious fishing start from tomorrow whe Courtland join the trip. He is arriving today from NC.
French fishermen will arrive this afternoon.

G

·
as always nice photo's kil...damn i have only been gone from there one week and i can't wait to get back down to panama. that country rocks!!!....rick

thank you baby jesus for panama and panama sport fishing lodge....rickybobby

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
as always nice photo's kil...damn i have only been gone from there one week and i can't wait to get back down to panama. that country rocks!!!....rick

thank you baby jesus for panama and panama sport fishing lodge....rickybobby
I just came back from Boquete tour. Sightseeing is over and serious fishing starts from tomorrow for three days. :)
We plan to go to Hunnibal Bank again tomorrow as it looks very promising there.
I am going to ask Macho to fish for roosterfish and cubera snapper popping to unknown territories on Tuesday.
French guys arrived. It took them 3 days to get here from Paris. :eek:

·
1,482 Posts
awesome pics kil!

this is great, i didnt know we were going to get the day by day photos and updates! im sure you are going to be too tired to do this after the serious fishing days, but i cant wait to see the wrap up of the trip!

Hpe you had a great XMas and i cant wait to see how you did!

G

·
come on kil - you know the 450g rod is too strong for sailfish :) ;)

how did the Marfix reel perform?

Nice work on the snowys, its definitely something I want to do this time around. How did Macho like the rods?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts