Locked in
TooBads in Fiji 012 505b by jonny.toobad, on Flickr

TooBads in Fiji 012 506b by jonny.toobad, on Flickr

Dirt intrusion boots on
TooBads in Fiji 012 507b by jonny.toobad, on Flickr

More views of the grips
TooBads in Fiji 012 512b by jonny.toobad, on Flickr

TooBads in Fiji 012 513b by jonny.toobad, on Flickr

I think it turned out well. Works the engine side spigots really well. Had to reverse the direction of pull inside the cowl so the levers work in the conventional manner i.e push forward for open throttle and forward gear

The steering is now sorted as well. It was another one that took a lot of effort to workout using parts available in the local hardwares and what I could fabricate or modify myself. Will have pics of that next

·
Registered
825 Posts
saqa,
what is the reason to place it on the gunnel? instead of console?

i cant imagine if bushes branch knock that lever if you ride in the estuary or swamp.... but i hope i am wrong... :D

·
808 Posts
Looks very professional. Great job with such limited stock .
I think we take it for granted here in the " big city" where we can go and buy just about anything we could want.
Can 't wait for you to make your maidan voyage.

·
Jonny TooBad
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Thanks fellas, much appreciated

madday said:
saqa,
what is the reason to place it on the gunnel? instead of console?

i cant imagine if bushes branch knock that lever if you ride in the estuary or swamp.... but i hope i am wrong... :D
Mate, no swamps here :) It just feels much cooler working the controls with arm out :D

·
3,696 Posts
Damn man,
You've been busy . What a cool ass little boat you've built !
Probably 10x as much work as you envisioned when you first dreamed up this idea. Lol
Very nice indeed. You definitely did pick up some craftsmanship genes .
Can't wait to see some fish reports from her deck.

·
Jonny TooBad
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Thanks fellas

Current project is a T-top types canopy with a folding rear half to allow casting with popping rods and whole unit height adjustable so in sitting driving position I can have it low and raise it when needing lots of walkaround access

Heres getting all the canopy hardware ready. Any guess as to which part goes where? :)

TooBads in Fiji 012 630 by jonny.toobad, on Flickr
TooBads in Fiji 012 627 by jonny.toobad, on Flickr
TooBads in Fiji 012 639 by jonny.toobad, on Flickr
TooBads in Fiji 012 652 by jonny.toobad, on Flickr
TooBads in Fiji 012 629 by jonny.toobad, on Flickr
TooBads in Fiji 012 628 by jonny.toobad, on Flickr

·
Registered
825 Posts
I like your determination my man.... All from scratches..... I can imagine the satisfaction if you finish this project and fishing with your family and friends..... :)

·
5,693 Posts
All this good gear , a motor, fishing gear , you & a mate ( both on the solid side)...............is it going to get up on the plane.............or submarine .........Rohit ;)

·
Jonny TooBad
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
DenisB said:
All this good gear , a motor, fishing gear , you & a mate ( both on the solid side)...............is it going to get up on the plane.............or submarine .........Rohit ;)
Lol, dont jinx me :) I have a 2.5L 5cyl Volvo petrol motor standing by just incase ;) But seriously, I am still way under the 1500lb max displacement figure I picked to work with in the "Hulls" progie when designing the hull. I feel I have made the framing and tabbing strong enough to run a 50hp as long as it doesn't sink the transom. Will see when I float it for the first time. Most of these things can be taken right back out in worst case scenario

·
Jonny TooBad
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
End is in sight :) Wetting the boat soon, maybes tomoz I hope :D

Lol this one hasent even hit water and I am already studying, learning the maths and researching the next project, a 30' high efficiency/low fuel burn fast displacement cat to be a dedicated GT hunter to reach the more isolated reefs in safety and comfort :)

Something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA4XnO97MVY

Ambitious I know, but I know I can do it if I invest the time to learn and try

101 - 120 of 157 Posts