productive northeast canyon jigs

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by mike garone, Aug 15, 2008.

1. mike garone

mike garone Well-Known Member

Want to pick up a few more jigs for my upcoming trip on the viking. I am pretty new to jigging and want to add a few more weapons to my arsenal. I have a bunch of hammered diamond jigs, sumo jigs, and crippled herring.

I want to pick up a few sardine jigs, what colors do you suggest?

Any other jigs you think I should pick up?

Thanks,

Mike

2. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

Mike..
    the guys up here have been using the OTI Jager and jumbo in blue, green and silver 200-300g sizes
    a few guys also used the jackal and jinkster with success
    i may be up your way tommorrow. have a few stores to stock;)
    good luck on your trips

3. mike garone

4. Capt Richie

Capt Richie Site Sponsor

Want to pick up a few more jigs for my upcoming trip on the viking. I am pretty new to jigging and want to add a few more weapons to my arsenal. I have a bunch of hammered diamond jigs, sumo jigs, and crippled herring.

I want to pick up a few sardine jigs, what colors do you suggest?

Any other jigs you think I should pick up?

Thanks,

Mike
    Mike is that the trip with John for NYC...Stop in at Trophy Tackle you know his lures were on the last trip when they landed those 300lb tuna...

5. mike garone

Mike is that the trip with John for NYC...Stop in at Trophy Tackle you know his lures were on the last trip when they landed those 300lb tuna...

That is the trip!

6. Capt Richie

Capt Richie Site Sponsor

That is the trip!

Say Hi to John for me tell him pictures!!!!

I made him some rods & he email me & said I have pictures......

Good luck & catch em up

7. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

i dont think the bigeye bite is as good as it was last year unfortunately.

we were on the viking 4-day last sept. the few trips before produced pretty well but ours was really slow. mid0end of august was a hot bite last year.

recent viking trips did very well, especially jigging - though the tuna were very small

8. ty2philly

ty2philly Senior Member

i dont think the bigeye bite is as good as it was last year unfortunately.

we were on the viking 4-day last sept. the few trips before produced pretty well but ours was really slow. mid0end of august was a hot bite last year.

recent viking trips did very well, especially jigging - though the tuna were very small

Bret,

I was on the Viking last year end of August for my first 3 day Tuna Trip. They did mostly trolling for the three days, so not really much time to jig. However, I am really looking forward to the NC Jigfest, because I think my luck will be MUCH better. I was going to do a 4 day trip on the Viking, but thankfully I found this site and was lucky enough to be invited to the Jigfest.

Ty

9. turfman

turfman Member

Paul.Do you stock any stores in Monmouth or Ocean County NJ? I'd like to get some of your stuff locally if I could. Mark

10. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

Paul.Do you stock any stores in Monmouth or Ocean County NJ? I'd like to get some of your stuff locally if I could. Mark
    Mark..i have a few stores up there getting setup now.
    shoot me PM..with your local stores..i will let you know if they are getting stock

11. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

thanks paul
    no problem mike...if you are close to ...Catch Of The Day
    270 Harrison Avenue
    Island park, NY 11558
    Tel: (516)332-5900
    they have just got a load of OTI stock