360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to pick up a few more jigs for my upcoming trip on the viking. I am pretty new to jigging and want to add a few more weapons to my arsenal. I have a bunch of hammered diamond jigs, sumo jigs, and crippled herring.

I want to pick up a few sardine jigs, what colors do you suggest?

Any other jigs you think I should pick up?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Site Sponsor
4,162 Posts
Mike..
the guys up here have been using the OTI Jager and jumbo in blue, green and silver 200-300g sizes
a few guys also used the jackal and jinkster with success
i may be up your way tommorrow. have a few stores to stock;)
good luck on your trips

·
Site Sponsor
2,892 Posts
Want to pick up a few more jigs for my upcoming trip on the viking. I am pretty new to jigging and want to add a few more weapons to my arsenal. I have a bunch of hammered diamond jigs, sumo jigs, and crippled herring.

I want to pick up a few sardine jigs, what colors do you suggest?

Any other jigs you think I should pick up?

Thanks,

Mike
Mike is that the trip with John for NYC...Stop in at Trophy Tackle you know his lures were on the last trip when they landed those 300lb tuna...

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike is that the trip with John for NYC...Stop in at Trophy Tackle you know his lures were on the last trip when they landed those 300lb tuna...

That is the trip!

·
Site Sponsor
2,892 Posts
That is the trip!

Say Hi to John for me tell him pictures!!!!

I made him some rods & he email me & said I have pictures......

Good luck & catch em up

G

·
i dont think the bigeye bite is as good as it was last year unfortunately.

we were on the viking 4-day last sept. the few trips before produced pretty well but ours was really slow. mid0end of august was a hot bite last year.

recent viking trips did very well, especially jigging - though the tuna were very small

·
1,366 Posts
i dont think the bigeye bite is as good as it was last year unfortunately.

we were on the viking 4-day last sept. the few trips before produced pretty well but ours was really slow. mid0end of august was a hot bite last year.

recent viking trips did very well, especially jigging - though the tuna were very small

Bret,

I was on the Viking last year end of August for my first 3 day Tuna Trip. They did mostly trolling for the three days, so not really much time to jig. However, I am really looking forward to the NC Jigfest, because I think my luck will be MUCH better. I was going to do a 4 day trip on the Viking, but thankfully I found this site and was lucky enough to be invited to the Jigfest.

Ty

·
94 Posts
Paul.Do you stock any stores in Monmouth or Ocean County NJ? I'd like to get some of your stuff locally if I could. Mark

·
Site Sponsor
4,162 Posts
Paul.Do you stock any stores in Monmouth or Ocean County NJ? I'd like to get some of your stuff locally if I could. Mark
Mark..i have a few stores up there getting setup now.
shoot me PM..with your local stores..i will let you know if they are getting stock

·
Site Sponsor
4,162 Posts
thanks paul
no problem mike...if you are close to ...Catch Of The Day
270 Harrison Avenue
Island park, NY 11558
Tel: (516)332-5900
they have just got a load of OTI stock

1 - 11 of 11 Posts