360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got to put my new Alutecnos 12C on some fish and I have to say that it does not disappoint like its big brother the Gorilla 12. I have only one issue with the reel. After a few fish, I started to hear a clicking noise when I was in free spool. It sounds like the clicker was not disengaging all the way. I would turn the clicker on and then back off again and the noise would go away but it would return after a few fish hookups. Sometimes I would shake the reel and the noise would go away but it would always return. I was wondering if anyone else have had this problem with the Gorilla 12 or the 12C?

Bao

·
1,366 Posts
Good question because I just purchased a Gorilla 12 that I am waiting to arrive. I will be sure to keep watching this thread and report back when I get to use mine on Tuna in couple weeks.

Ty

·
659 Posts
I have a gorilla 12 and have not had any issues with it to date, but then have only fished it on a couple of trips thus far. I have several more trips this year, will post up if any issues develop.

·
4,723 Posts
I have fished my Gorilla 20, not sure if they are similar in terms of internals, but I have had zero problems with the clicker engaging in free spool.

·
80 Posts
I have the 12 and just ordered the 12 C today...as you may know Bao , the clicker on this reel is very light and you have to engage or disengaged fully to get rid of the sound. Seems like the internal spring is loose and should be a simple fix by just bending it back. I've never have issues with my regular 12...yet ;-)

·
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I haven't had a chance to open it up yet. I will be in Florida all next week and will open the 12C up when I get back. I emailed Alutecnos US and have not gotten a reply yet. Don't be afraid to open it up Shamwari. Conventional reels aren't as complex as Stellas.

·
31 Posts
Hi all, we have a customer in South Africa who has experienced the same problem. I have sent an email report of this to Alutecnos and am awaiting feedback from them.

I haven't experienced it on my personal 12C, but haven't yet fished it hard for long periods.

Once I have feedback I will post it uder this topic.

Regards - Roy (Jigstar Africa)

·
31 Posts
Hi Guys, here is the response from Alutecnos MD, so ask your local agent for the spring as described below.

"Right, we perfectly know the problem you are highlighting and it is a false problem.
The clicking that is heard is due to the contact between the counter disc no. 43 and the ring no. 57.
We have ordered new springs no. 60 which will remove the problem definitively.
As soon as I have them, I will send you some so that you can replace them for your customers.
It must be said that not all reels show this problem, it occurs only on some of them.
From a mechanical point of view, the reel is perfect. It is like when you buy a new car and hear a squeaking somewhere in the dashboard. You are disappointed although the motor is running very well.
Please tell the reel's owners not to worry. Alutecnos can solve problems:))
Please find enclosed the diagram and instructions for Gorilla 12C so that you can distribute them to all the people who bought the reel."

I have the schematic for the 12C in pdf format (3MB) and am trying to upload it........unsuccessfully so please email me at [email protected] and I will send a copy to you.

Regards, Roy

·
2,835 Posts
Rumor has it that Alutecnos is coming out with a spinning reel. Remember, this is a rumor.

·
1,579 Posts
when my gorilla 12 did it i just tied lines to my car with the reel at 40lb of drag and gave it a good run and it went away.

·
31 Posts
The Alutecnos jigging rods are available - and have been for some time. Very nice rods by all accounts but I can't give you 1st hand reports on them as we are currently focussed on the Jigstar parabolic rods.......which are awesome! As we grow we will expand our offerings to include them.

It's a bit early to comment on Alutecnos spinning reels....at this stage so I am going with the "rumours". I believe that they are pretty good rumours.

One thing though, when the "rumours" become something more "concrete" we will support Alutecnos 1 Million percent based on the TOP quality of their gear we carry, and the BEST support from their Executive that any Wholesaler or Dealer or Customer could ever wish for!!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts