Priorities

Discussion in 'HUNTING' started by Snagged, May 10, 2008.

1. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Priorities

Attached Files:

2. Uncle Russ

Uncle Russ Senior Member

A lot to notice here, Snagged. True, he's a natural 10 point with a spread well outside the ears, but there is an overall lack of depth in the tines, (especially the G2s,) and the brow tines appear non-existent. Top that off with a generally sloppy lack of uniformity, without the character that would be gained from non-typical points, and this looks like just a slightly better than average Hill Country Buck to me. And since the vegetation suggests South Texas, I think I would have just reached for the toilet paper, yelled "Git" and squatted back down to do my business.

Russ

3. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Russ,
    You'd stood up and taken him. ;)

4. Uncle Russ

Uncle Russ Senior Member

Snagged: So you found me out. Not only would I have taken him, but I would never have got caught with my pants down in the first place. I believe in preparation. When I used to bowhunt on a super ranch on Lake Travis, (I have had up to 15 bucks under the feeder and two were Pope and Young quality--but I was a cheap-shit guest and not allowed to shoot those boys), I would shower three times with baking soda at 4:00 a.m., sit on plastic on the drive out, put on scent blocker clothing before walking to the blind.

Oh, yes, more to the point I would administer two glycerin suppositories before driving out so I would be completely cleaned out by the time I got in the blind. So no, I would never have been standing there in the first place.

I'm just sayin...

Russ

5. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Russ,
    I've gotten up in the morning, walked out of the tent inthe high country, grabbed my rifle from the rack and dropped a nice elk, then went on to take a dump.