Prince Edward Islands, my next destination

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by ksong, Oct 7, 2009.

1. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I decided to go to Prince Edward islands, Canada next year.
    After I tasted 750 lbs giant last Sunday, I raised my goal for 1,000 lbs giant. :) Dennis Braid got a 1200 lbs bluefin on standup today.
    A guy I know had two giants over 1000 lbs on standup in a single day in Sept this year. :eek:
    I have to reevaluate my jigging setups for giant. :)

2. gman

gman Senior Member

I will join you if you have the room as Dennis and I have been discussing this almost daily. I will be going to NZ but to jig 3 kings in March. My giant destination will be PEI

3. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I will join you if you have the room as Dennis and I have been discussing this almost daily. I will be going to NZ but to jig 3 kings in March. My giant destination will be PEI
    Let's do it Glenn.
    I got all basic info now. I'd like to go when commercial season is closed and we have to go on a short notice as we don't know when commercial season close/open there. I found catching a giant is not automatice even in P.E.I..
    Sometimes it is very hard to locate them. I believe Dennis fished behind a herring dragger today. When they fish behind herring draggers, I heard it takes only a minute to get bites, but herring boats are not always there.

4. BdaJay

BdaJay Senior Member

I decided to go to Prince Edward islands, Canada next year.
    After I tasted 750 lbs giant last Sunday, I raised my goal for 1,000 lbs giant. :) Dennis Braid got a 1200 lbs bluefin on standup today.
    A guy I know had two giants over 1000 lbs on standup in a single day in Sept this year. :eek:
    I have to reevaluate my jigging setups for giant. :)

Kil, how late into October do they fish? I thought about heading there this month but saw that Sept.30th was the last date to fish?

5. jig42na

jig42na Spinal Rods

I'll make 3, count me in. I hope to test our skill in 2 days.

6. gman

gman Senior Member

I just spoke to Dennis he landed a 1,200 pound bluefin tuna today in 90 minutes stand up. He is the stand up king no doubt. he is filming his how so he got it all on video from the underwater shot of the fish feeding to landing it.

7. Billiam

Billiam Moderator

Hey Kil,

Put me down if you have room. I would also like to have the delicious PEI Oysters and beer that they have there as well. :)

8. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Dennis said the big 1200 lbs giant took his bait only 6 ft away from the boat.:eek: Thom videoed 700 - 1200 lbs giants eating chum right around the boat. Here are a few pictures of giant from the video.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. galveston1602

galveston1602 Senior Member

Wonder what would happen if you used a speargun on one of those beasts at that range? just kidding, Im sure it would rip out and kill the fish.

Great pics for sure!