Power Pro Hollow Core....

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by Bill Fisher, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Bill Fisher

Bill Fisher Senior Member

any good???......

specifically the 80#............ yea or ney?

2. hamptonsurf

hamptonsurf Senior Member

I may alone here, but I have posted on this before in response to power pro issues. I use their 80 on a Saragosa for jigging and casting with my 7’6” OTI. It works great, though a bit less limp than Jerry Brown. I bought it after speaking with the guys at Fisherman’s outfitter in Gloucester. I was going to put Momoi Diamond Braid on it, but it was very expensive. They actually said the Power Pro hollow is much more abrasion resistant than the Momoi and even JB….showed me by rubbing it on the corner of a metal box……power pro solid gave out in like 2 rubs….Momoi took about 15 and the power pro hollow rubbed about 30 times without almost any fraying. I have been very impressed with it. IT IS NOT THE SAME AS POWER PRO SOLID!!!!!!

3. Bill Fisher

thanx!....

and i guess i shoulda asked....... $160 for 1500yds of 80# hollow sound reasonable?

4. hamptonsurf

Check out fishermansoutfitters.com in gloucester....its on sale there now, but that seems like a good price.

5. hamptonsurf

FO is 199.00 for 1500.....your price looks liek a steal....if you don;t mind me asking, where's that at? Might pick up some more if available.

6. semipro

semipro Senior Member

good price ,I would like the get #60,what is the name of the place

7. Bill Fisher

FO is 199.00 for 1500.....your price looks liek a steal....if you don;t mind me asking, where's that at? Might pick up some more if available.

and free shipping on any order over $75.........

oddly enough,...... it's a member here

360Tuna - View Profile: Angler Systems

I've never done any business with'em but if anyone here has, please speak up..... (the member is 'Jeff' i assume)

i'm only gonna be here at my 2nd home for 11 more days and rather
    than taking a chance on getting everything coordinated correctly,
    i'm gonna wait and have it shipped to my billing address if no one steers me away from'im

sorry semipro,.... there was no 60# PP hollow shown on the website and they are out of the 80# in Florida but he said they have a warehouse in New Jersey that might have stock (but he didn't call me back on that)

i can wait on a backorder at that price

8. hamptonsurf

Do they make 60lb power pro? I don;t think they do, just 80 ans 150, I believe.

9. Bill Fisher

Do they make 60lb power pro? I don;t think they do, just 80 ans 150, I believe.

believe ure rite