360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. New to the site and new to the tuna game

Inshore sniper guy starting to play with the bluefin tuna. I fish northern NJ.

I'm looking for a popping rod to use for bit up to 100lbs my reel is a 14,000 twin power sw. I mostly throw Madd Mantis poppers in the medium and large size and several stickballs like 5" Schimano Orcas and 7" Saltiga sliders.

I bought a 8 foot Giant Killing popping rod last year as a starter rod and it feels like a telephone pole. I was looking on the website at Tackle Now and the 8'6" Palmarus popping rod caught my eye because I like the idea that the MH has was described as having some tip and a lot of backbone to handle fish up to 100lbs.. The components looked good such as the reel seat guides etc

Feedback would be appreciated. With the medium heavy action you think the rod have the power needed?
is it a one piece rod?

Any other recommendations in this price range - $600

Thx RichP

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Hi guys. New to the site and new to the tuna game

Inshore sniper guy starting to play with the bluefin tuna. I fish northern NJ.

I'm looking for a popping rod to use for bit up to 100lbs my reel is a 14,000 twin power sw. I mostly throw Madd Mantis poppers in the medium and large size and several stickballs like 5" Schimano Orcas and 7" Saltiga sliders.

I bought a 8 foot Giant Killing popping rod last year as a starter rod and it feels like a telephone pole. I was looking on the website at Tackle Now and the 8'6" Palmarus popping rod caught my eye because I like the idea that the MH has was described as having some tip and a lot of backbone to handle fish up to 100lbs.. The components looked good such as the reel seat guides etc

Feedback would be appreciated. With the medium heavy action you think the rod have the power needed?
is it a one piece rod?

Any other recommendations in this price range - $600

Thx RichP
Contact Dan @Boston Tangler

1 - 2 of 2 Posts