360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, now that I got my influx of Tsunami 8" talking poppers and Yozuri 7 3/4 poppers, now I am need of a use friendly bag for these babies. I am leaning towards a roll up bag like my jig bag, but always open to new ideas and I figure this is the best place to ask such a question...tight lines all damn this cabin fever!..:eek:

astro...

·
13 Posts
if i posted this they would tell me a paper bag lol but im like you dont have the funds to spend on 30-40 dollars poppers do a search on ebay or on here somebody has a bag for these fine lures just up grade hooks your in

·
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm still tossing up the idea of getting one these:

6 POCKET LURE BAG LARGE POCKETS TACKLE BAG

and sewing down the middle of each pocket to make a total of 12 slots.

Yep..I leaning more to a functional custom bag. I have friends in the fabrication biz. I think if I "grease thes skids" we can work sumthing out..:D

astro..

·
1,631 Posts
Yep..I leaning more to a functional custom bag. I have friends in the fabrication biz. I think if I "grease thes skids" we can work sumthing out..:D

astro..

I'm interested. :D

·
159 Posts
I'm interested. :D

Does it have to be a pouch like what you've shown. What about a surf fishing plug bag.

Although Precision pac bags don't hold up well for surf duty (they actually really suck). I'm certain they will function perfectly for years if just stowed in a boat and just used for storage.

You can pick up a 18 tube for around 70 bucks. And use some silicone caulk around top lip, to keep hooks from getting stuck. As an added bonus you can glue zerust tabs in the tubes, as well as they offer much better drainage.

Addiinally if you use any poppers made of wood, doesn't matter if they are made overseas or by local custom plug builders. Most only seal them with linseed oil. And any scratch in the outer layer of wood will allow water to swell and split the finish. Only about half a dozen builders actually heat seal them correctly, but the process takes too long and they aren't going to be found in stores.

If you store wood in that type of pouch the water will not drain , evaporate from where it is through wired as well. ANd the vmc style hooks will rust after the first night.

Just throwing it out there.

·
1,631 Posts
I'd like something that can roll up and fit in my bag of iron. I try to limit the number of bags I bring on a boat, especially if it's not my boat or someone I know. The surf bags are nice, but definitely too bulky.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts