Playa Zancudo, Costa Rica Feb 2-7

Discussion in 'Boat Pooling' started by Bret, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Hey I have a28ft mako booked in Playa Zancudo, Costa Rica for Feb 4,5,6 2007, with sportfishing unlimited www.sportfishing.co.cr
    Their other 28ft mako is available for the same days if we have enough interest we can get it as well. The boat is $550 per day plus tip. Hotel in San Jose runs from 80-120.us Zancudo hotels are 45-65 per day and includes laundry svc. Meals and drinks are cheap, there is lunch and drinks on the boat.. My wife, her friend and I will be there. McGolfer has expressed an interest. You would have shots at lots of Sails, blue/black marlin, tuna and some impressive dorado offshore.. Inshore gets a lot of pressure that time of the year and is not usually productive.

The Itenerary would look like this. Leave Dfw Fri, Feb 2 late afternoon, arrive San Jose around 9:30, Take a cab to hotel Aeropuerto. Up O'dark thirty for the Early flight to Golfito, which leaves @6 or 6:30 am. In Golfito by 7:30 Take a cab to el muellecito(little dock) Eat breakfast at the little rest.
    Have all day saturday to hang out.. Fish Sun, Mon,Tue, Take the early flight out wednesday and you are back in Dfw Wed, afternoon.
    We are staying through the weekend to see the Taj Majal blues concert on the 10th.. We went to it year before last and it was an awesome show. Yall are welcome to do the same.. You wont want to leave..

Let me know if you have any interest as their dates fill up quickly.

Bret

2. bellyup

bellyup Member

Bret, I am very interested and put me down as committed. I will clear it with my wife (which should not be a problem). We can't pass up good fishing, drinks, and music. Only I will be fishing, not her. She may be interested in going for the ride on the boat if that is possible.

3. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Ok, Scott and Rick, I just got an email from John to confirm that the other boat is indeed available for Feb 4,5,6 2007. Thats $550 per day for the boat plus tip. split two ways. I have asked them to hold the boat for a week so we can make confirm those that want to go..

4. bellyup

bellyup Member

Perfect. Ok, Scott and Rick, I just got an email from John to confirm that the other boat is indeed available for Feb 4,5,6 2007. Thats $550 per day for the boat plus tip. split two ways. I have asked them to hold the boat for a week so we can make confirm those that want to go..

5. Bret

Bret Senior Member

I forgot to mention, for travel to Costa Rica you will need a valid Passport.. so if you dont have one or it has expired, you had better get the ball rolling as it can take up to 2 months for the govt to get it completed..

6. teamprosports

teamprosports Junior member

i went to roys in zancudo last year and caught sails yellowfin and a 750lb blue

7. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Yeah, Zancudo is a pretty cool place. My buddies down there keep their boats at Roys dock... Teamprosports, Welcome to 360 tuna.. When are you going back???

8. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

Sounds like one hell of a trip. Wish I could go. Its looking like I wont make the lump trip this year either. Hope all is well and having a kid is great! Wish you guys the best of luck.

9. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Well, I got the Sansa Flight confirmations for all this morning. Everything is done, We just need to show up and catch some fish!!! Hurry up Feb.......
    Here are a couple of pics from feb 05, to wet your appetite..

Attached Files: