Plate w/ offset to right?

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by DanS, Feb 4, 2009.

1. DanS

DanS Senior Member

With my arthritis, the most comfortable position is for my rod to be positioned over my right hip/thigh.

Most plates are centered and seem built for conventional reels. I'm fishing with a spinner. I see plates with offsets to the left (e.g., SDK) and solutions like the Rod Huki.

[​IMG]

Does anyone make a pad with the additional gimbal slot offset to the right side?

2. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

The sevenseas might be the one I can think of that has three positions. I personally like the rod huki's. Look at the Blue colored pad on the top of the harness pile. It's the sevensea's.

Attached Files:

3. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

DanS,

I was rigging up some new metal jigs tonight and since I'm such a nice guy, I pulled out the Sevenseas belt for a closer picture for you. I bought it for my wife. She has only used it one time. I'm surprised it isn't more scratched up as she caught a bunch of fish wearing it her last outing.

Attached Files:

4. rtran

rtran Senior Member

MrBill you have too much tackle. HA HA

5. Jason4606

Jason4606 Tuna Club member

The first step is admitting you have a problem! ;)

6. d-a

d-a Senior Member

Mr Bill

Show DanS a picture of the rod Huki.

d-a

7. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

mrbill does not have a problem. he has his priorities straight. he still has cash in his pockets for trips and still has a little room left in his house to move around in. surround yourself with the things you love and the people that love you and your life will be all that it can be.....rick

8. DanS

DanS Senior Member

Mind boggling....

Must have something to do with either being retired or those pills you're on. :D

It about "choices", right?

9. DanS

DanS Senior Member

MrBill

I see at another forum, you prefer the Rod Huki. Are they light? Do they somehow clamp to the butt of the rod and not fall off as you move around the boat?

The gimbal on my rod starts at 15/16" and tapers to 1 1/8"+. Would I use the Standard or the Medium size Huki for the best fit?

[​IMG]

10. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

mrbill does not have a problem. he has his priorities straight. he still has cash in his pockets for trips and still has a little room left in his house to move around in. .....rick

Space in a problem. I'm doing a remodel job right now on the house. My fishing and hunting room is moving.:mad: My wife now wants that room, so I have moved my hunting and fishing gear twice in the last two months.:mad: I'm in the process of reorganizing my stuff. Moving all that crap is a real PITA. It takes a whole day. The bad thing is if I want to do it right I need over 50 more rod holders .:eek: I might even bring home the "Ultimate Milk Crate" from another location. That is if it doesn't cave in the floor in my new Sportsman room.:) My wife doesn't like the idea of me putting in a Submarine door to the room.:mad:

DanS,
    Rod Huki's come in three sizes. It depends on your gimbal. I have all three sizes of the rod huki's. I'll measure tonight and tell you the right size for the dimensions you stated in the above post.

11. DeepBlueGulf

DeepBlueGulf Senior Member

Well put McGolfer!

DBG

12. DanS

DanS Senior Member

In looking at pictures of the Rod Huki online, some look narrower than the "Standard" 9" model. For example...

[​IMG]

Does the angle here create an optical illusion to make it look small? Or did Rod Huki build a 7"?

Kil appears to be using the 9" model, or is that an 11"?

[​IMG]

13. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

dans
    i think your close to the houston area. take the rod you want to fit and go to fishing tackle unlimited and find the size and fit you like. if not fitted to the rod they can fall off but they do float so you can retrieve them if they fall overboard. i have about 6 of them and my favorites are the older models that have foam on the inside to hold your rodhuki on your rod. the newer ones have assorted rubber rings that fit in the huki to keep your huki secured....rick