Pics of my Red Stag Mount

Discussion in 'HUNTING' started by Earl, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Earl

Earl Senior Member

Well I never did get pics of my red stag after the hunt last December due to my brother's inability to work my camera right :)

We got the mounts today. Here is a photo (never mind the mess, gotta cleanup this weekend) of his and my stags and mine on the wall. My stag was probably a year or so younger than his but his rack was wider. Coreys was a 7x6 while mine is a 6x5.

I had hoped to mount it over the fireplace but no go, these things are too big. I have really been enjoying the meat as well - my favorite was the grilled tenderloin, it was to die for.

The taxidermist is American Taxidermy in Terrel.

Earl

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jt2hunt

jt2hunt Senior Member

nm. took a long time to load

3. Earl

Earl Senior Member

Yeah I think the photo hosting service is dogged down or something. Earl

4. Bret

Bret Senior Member

very nice Earl!! how have you been????

5. Earl

Earl Senior Member

Been doing pretty good. I had to have surgery on the arm after tearing the biceps tendon lifting my brothers dang stag :) Then several months of PT but I'm back to 100% or near enough.

I was booked to go out on the Possession Limit, my first offshore trip of the year this weekend but had to back out at the last minute. Still looking to do some fishing this year.

How are things with you? I've been meaning to get back out to the lease after some turkey, hogs and varmints but the boys baseball schedule never permitted it.

Earl

6. Deep_Sea_Gull

Deep_Sea_Gull Lifetime Supporting Members

Nice Stag Earl!

It's good to see ya posting bud...

7. STx Fisherman

STx Fisherman Senior Member

Hey Earl....that's a beautiful mount!

Congrats!

8. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Nice Stag Earl

9. Earl

Earl Senior Member

Thanks Snagged, say I heard you caught some huge AJ's on your recent trip - do you have a link to some photos of them? Hope you win that tourney.

__ Just found the photos, man that is one big hoss of an AJ...

Earl

10. Earl

Earl Senior Member

That's pretty big when the "medium" size fish is longer than you are! :)

Having only caught them about half the size of yours I can only imagine what it's like. Glad you are doing well.

Earl