Pics from the last month or so

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports' started by Ross, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Ross

Ross Member

Here's a few pics from the last month or so.

Mike Thomas with our trout from the first wade of the morning, we picked up 10 more trout. February 2nd, East Matty.

[​IMG]

March 1st we waded guts along the south shoreline of West Matty. This day Mike Thomas and I were joined by Capt. Charlie Paradoski and Franl Bolbecker of LMC Marine.

From L-R: Charlie, Me, Frank (Mike took the pic)

[​IMG]

On the 10th of May I headed down to Baffin Bay with co-worker Scott Hutcheson and his brother Stuart. We fished with Capt. Aubrey Black, which was a change for me as I haven't been on a guided trip in several years. Capt. Black put us on some solid 20"-24" trout and limits of upper slot Redfish. The highlight of the day was this fat and healthy 26" I caught at our first stop of the day.

[​IMG]

March 21, co-worker Martin Thomas and customer Chris Humphries joined me down at Rockport. We managed to find good Redfish action in Redfish Bay in about 1'-1.5' of water.

From L-R: Martin and Chris

[​IMG]

Looking forward to Spring Fishing! If the spring fishing is anything like the winter fishing we are in store for some great times!

2. Ragman

Ragman Moderator

Excellent pictures Ross and thanks for posting!

I'll be in the LLM in a couple of weeks for 4 days of fishing hard!

3. Ross

Ross Member

Excellent pictures Ross and thanks for posting!

I'll be in the LLM in a couple of weeks for 4 days of fishing hard!

Tom,

Good luck down there! Are you going to Port Mansfield or further south? I have heard they were catching solid trout near Port Mansfield. Several fish over 25"!

Be sure to report back!

4. Ragman

Ragman Moderator

We launch out of Arroyo City then head south out to a cabin off the ICW. We fish near Rattlesnake, gas well flats, the Cullen house and a bunch of other places out there.

I'll definitely post a report. A couple of months ago, one of my buddies landed a beautiful snook on topwater! That's my goal.

They did real well last week on reds, but the trout were mostly small.

5. gman

gman Senior Member

I miss gulf fishing

6. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Ross, looks like yall have been tearing them up... nice pics..

7. Ross

Ross Member

We launch out of Arroyo City then head south out to a cabin off the ICW. We fish near Rattlesnake, gas well flats, the Cullen house and a bunch of other places out there.

I'll definitely post a report. A couple of months ago, one of my buddies landed a beautiful snook on topwater! That's my goal.

They did real well last week on reds, but the trout were mostly small.

Good luck Tom! Hope you get snook on a topwater! One of these days in the near future I'm going to go down that way and find a snook or two!

8. Ross

Ross Member

Ross, looks like yall have been tearing them up... nice pics..

Bret, that is one of the things I am enjoying about being in San Antonio...I'm a lot closer to the coast! I'm really able to take advantage of the good weather windows!

These trout and reds have been fun, but I'm about ready to go catch a Tuna or a Hoo!

9. Pope

Pope Senior Member

Why don't you vacuum pack some of those fish and send em north? The photos prove the trip was better than imagined. I will take the FLOUNDER! You have the address!

10. Ross

Ross Member

Why don't you vacuum pack some of those fish and send em north? The photos prove the trip was better than imagined. I will take the FLOUNDER! You have the address!

Better yet, why don't you come down here and help me get some more!:D BTW- Those flounder are long gone! Caught them at the first of the March and they didn't last a week!:D

11. Pope

Pope Senior Member

I will be down soon enough. Well, maybe not soon enough, but soon!