pick some colors

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by north coast, Nov 22, 2009.

1. north coast

north coast Senior Member

Some of you guys have a real eye for colors on rods. I've found it difficult to pick something sharp that is different than what everybody else has. black and red, black gold ,or black silver are standard. I know they will work ,but I wanted to try something different. It's a white blank. My favorite standup rod that I use with a penn 50 international. I built this 20 or so years ago and just stripped it last night .Now it's ready for a rebuild and I need to pick some colors.
    Here's what I have for thread: Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. Dave Nowlin

Dave Nowlin Senior Member

How about lime green and royal blue. Gudebrod metallic in Pewter is also good looking.

3. north coast

At first it sounded ,Well, Garish. But this isn't bad ,I may go with it.
    Anyone else?

Attached Files:

4. jt2hunt

jt2hunt Senior Member

the pearl looking spool and reddish one to the right, and some royal blue, shiny

5. thenewkid

thenewkid Senior Member

At first it sounded ,Well, Garish. But this isn't bad ,I may go with it.
    Anyone else?

purple/gold?

6. DANTE25

DANTE25 Senior Member

BLUE GOLD AND BLACK ARE MY COLORS

7. north coast

Well after foolin around a little more ,I really like these colors. I wouldn't have picked this combination in a million years:D. This guide isn't going to stay .I bought a set of gunmetal SIC's on ebay that haven't arrived yet. I think they are going to be slick lookin with these colors. THANKS Dave. My favorite meat stick will be ready in no time, for another 20 years of beatin' up on charlie.:) I just don't know if I will.

Attached Files:

8. north coast

Here's the rod done ,Except the finish. tomorrow
    The pics don't really do this rod justice,I'm not much of a photographer. I think it's one of the sexyest rods in my "fleet". Thanks again Dave N. for picking these colors.
    And thanks to everyone else who replyed. I tried a couple of the other suggestions. this one just did it for me though.

Attached Files:

9. saqa

saqa Jonny TooBad

Not bad at all, I am glad the colors worked out for you

10. sushitime

sushitime Junior member

Very nice Noarth coast. Trying to get that visiual on an all black blank with gunmetal guides. I'm also trying to get a visiual on using gold as opposed to silver as you have a gold reel. This configuration would look great matched to an Avet 50W in silver:)

11. Armbreaker Custom Rods

Armbreaker Custom Rods Site Sponsor

Very nice! I love the way you finished the top of the butt wrap off like that.