360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a custom 350g rod for 300-400g jigs. I have my builder (Paul) and I know exactly what I want (Conventional NZ Acid with a balancer), I just need a blank to fill the gap.

I like slow or medium action blanks, NE tuna blanks need not apply. Something around 5'8 or 5'9.

What should I get?

·
Site Sponsor
4,162 Posts
there are some blanks around that i cant seem to get a hold of:p :D

i would love to be able to recommend them.
but sight unseen or unfelt or unfished.
i really have a hard time to name them.

i am doing 2 jigging seminars soon. so i hope to get access to a few new blanks to show off.

The JM 250 or 300<< maybe the 350g

i am looking at a few new blanks, soft tips nice backbone, i have not yet decided what g weight for them.

the new 100-300 OTI may be a little light,
The next heavier New OTI may be not quite the action i know you want.

let me look at a few i have here.

·
117 Posts
I like slow or medium action blanks, NE tuna blanks need not apply.
What should I get?

Are NE Tuna blanks normally considered fast action? Or were you referring to my options for rods in a prior thread? :confused:

·
Banned
223 Posts
I just custom ordered a Jigging Master Free jigger 5'6" 9 guide acid wrap, split butt, custom weaving from Pony @ Jigging Master A.G. for a really great price.

·
117 Posts
Normally they have a light tip and shut down pretty fast.

that has not been my experience in the NE, as a matter of fact, it is quite the opposite. At first, I thought you were referring to a specific brand, or my other post for rod recommendations. You should check out the Cape Cod carbon rods scheduled for release by late Feb--based upon your own posted requirements--it fits the bill. 350g, very light (10.5 ounces), nice softer bend, ungodly lifting power, and practically indestructible. Yes, there has been alot of talk on these--but they are the real deal.

·
45 Posts
All of the JM-blanks (Powerspell II, Max) are 6' from factory and can/may be cut down to desired length....
I have 2 customrods built by Pony L.(JM-AG):, a 150-Spinning in 5'8" split reargrip and a 350-BC in 5'4" with the new (L-091) balancer between the reargrips.
Both have parabolic actions and pack LOTS of power...

·
448 Posts
Go get a Synit VT350!

Just been testing this rod:D very nice but a fast action blank, think Jim wants a slower action rod

·
45 Posts
Nice looking action on the JM blank. Does anyone know how much a custom JM 350g custom spinner weighs?

...I'll put my Custom JM-350 (5'4") BC on a dig.scale and inform you later.
Might be a small difference because of the Fuji PSS20LD reel holder but I don't think it's crucial, ok?

·
117 Posts
...I'll put my Custom JM-350 (5'4") BC on a dig.scale and inform you later.
Might be a small difference because of the Fuji PSS20LD reel holder but I don't think it's crucial, ok?

thank you

·
45 Posts
thank you

NETtuna;

...just put it on the dig.scale like mentioned:
It's exactly 346 grs. (12⅜ oz) without butcap.
Specs are; 5'4", Fuji CMNSG/T, reelholder to gimbal; 40,5 cm/equal length lower grips, concave custom foregrip 7,5", custom colorscheme of wrappings to match alloy-parts...
And to me it's a beaut...:cool: !

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts