Philippine Sportfishing

Discussion in 'International reports' started by Castmaster, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Castmaster

Castmaster Senior Member

Just wanted to share the fishing video I made for a fishing forum in the Philippines that I'm a member of. This is a compilation of posts of saltwater fishing reports (jig pop troll) from various members and fishing clubs on the forum in 2010. A few are hookups from members from different countries, including me. I've a few pics there of my trip to NC and Cabo. There are a couple of pics there of GT's held my members in blue shirts on their trip to Nomad. I also included a slide there of Iyaman's post of his trip in Texas. But overall most of the pics there are from anglers in the Philippines. You'll see that these anglers in the Philippines are going out on traditional "banka" outriggers, yet they're still hooking up some nice AJs, GTs, Dodos, Gindaras, Cobia, Wahoo, Sailfish, Marlins, YFTs and Dogtooth tunas. They have no choice but to use those outriggers owned by Philippine fishermen most powered by briggs and straton 2 stroke engines and with bamboo poles as outriggers. Those are the only boats available to them and thus very limited in speed and distance. There are no big sportfishing ops there like we do here, so we're indeed very fortunate. Pretty much the offshore waters of the Philippines are still untapped as far as sportfishing is concerned. So if ever you're headed down to the Philippines and want to do some fishing both saltwater and freshwater (yes the Philippines have large mouth bass) look them up. They're really a bunch of nice anglers who would go out of their way to help you out. I've fished with them everytime I'm down there. Enjoy the video.

YouTube - Ripple2

edgarz likes this.
  2. iyaman

iyaman Senior Member

CM,

Thanks for putting the time in making this video. I'll be visiting next year and hoping I can go fish with some of them. I agree with you that the Phil offshore water is still untapped as of this time.

John, how about a fishing lodge in the Philippines?

James

3. Castmaster

Castmaster Senior Member

CM,

Thanks for putting the time in making this video. I'll be visiting next year and hoping I can go fish with some of them. I agree with you that the Phil offshore water is still untapped as of this time.

James

Let me know when you're going down there I can give you point of contacts. Some of the best spots down there are Batangas, Palawan, and Cagayan. John was thinking of starting a lodge down there last time we communicated with each other. Have to discover the offshore hotspots though coz it's really virgin territory in terms of sportifshing. There's not a whole lot of sportfishing boats around that have the legs to go way offshore. Some bigger outriggers have ventured out but they don't have the speed and takes many hours just to get in the mid double digit miles. Some spots not too far from coastline or inner islands have already been explored by local anglers and have been productive as you can see on the video.

4. iyaman

iyaman Senior Member

Let me know when you're going down there I can give you point of contacts. Some of the best spots down there are Batangas, Palawan, and Cagayan. John was thinking of starting a lodge down there last time we communicated with each other. Have to discover the offshore hotspots though coz it's really virgin territory in terms of sportifshing. There's not a whole lot of sportfishing boats around that have the legs to go way offshore. Some bigger outriggers have ventured out but they don't have the speed and takes many hours just to get in the mid double digit miles. Some spots not too far from coastline or inner islands have already been explored by local anglers and have been productive as you can see on the video.

I'll give you a shout once the wifey finally decides on the dates. Thanks.

5. kyellier

kyellier Senior Member

thank you for the video.
    That brings back some memories of my childhood. I spent 3 yrs. as a young lad age 4-8 in the mid 1960's at a U.S.marine com sta. on the phillippine coast. no fishing but lots of snorkeling, reefing & camping on the beach on adjacent Islands. we rode the Banka boats then too. I can remember looking down though the water & never losing site of the bottom. that was the clearest water I have ever seen.
    Thanks again
    K

6. BFTMASTER

BFTMASTER Senior Member

Okay Pinoy Club, let's see your recipes for Adobo Amberjack

7. panamasportfishinglodge

panamasportfishinglodge Site Sponsor

CM,

James

James,

Thanks Pare! Very nice Video, makes me homesick, LOL
    Just got to give me a little more time to set up a lodge back home PSFL
    Philippines Sportfishing Lodge Coming Soon!!!!!!

edgarz likes this.
  8. iyaman

iyaman Senior Member

James,

Thanks Pare! Very nice Video, makes me homesick, LOL
    Just got to give me a little more time to set up a lodge back home PSFL
    Philippines Sportfishing Lodge Coming Soon!!!!!!

John,

CM did the video. You are the person with the knowledge and resources:) to start that kind of project. Promise, I will attend the grand opening and will be in the first trip.

James

9. concept3

concept3 Site Sponsor

Kababayans need to start posting up who's who on here!

Nice video!

Merv

10. panamasportfishinglodge

panamasportfishinglodge Site Sponsor

John,

CM did the video. You are the person with the knowledge and resources:) to start that kind of project. Promise, I will attend the grand opening and will be in the first trip.

James

I was wondering why the video was so good! Andre did it ! LOL
    definitely looking forward to fishing with you guys, we have to do a little warm up here in Panama a " Pinoy Anglers Xtreme Fishing World Tour"

11. iyaman

iyaman Senior Member

Okay Pinoy Club, let's see your recipes for Adobo Amberjack

Now that you mentioned that, I missed my mother in laws fish adobo. Sorry can't provide the recipe cause I'm lousy when it comes to cooking. I'm a professional food taster/eater though:D .

12. Castmaster

Castmaster Senior Member

I was wondering why the video was so good! Andre did it ! LOL
    definitely looking forward to fishing with you guys, we have to do a little warm up here in Panama a " Pinoy Anglers Xtreme Fishing World Tour"

John I'm still dreaming of fishing at your lodge in Panama. I'm going to get it done one of these days. Bro, if you start a fishing lodge in the Philippines, I'd probably retire there for good! :D

13. Castmaster

Castmaster Senior Member

Here's another video I made featuring inland fishing in the Philippines. The club there is going to show it at their holiday party. 2nd part of the video is dedicated to the kids and family bonding. There are 2 pics of huge Toman posted by a member on his trip in Thailand. The other huge Toman and all the other fish on the video were all taken in the Philippines. There are some ponds there in the Philippines stocked with Peacock Bass, Tomans and Pangasius. Barramundis are also caught there. Largemouth bass are well ingrained at Lake Caliraya and Pantabangan Dam and I believe international tournaments have been held there. All the fish on this video were all hookups in 2010. Enjoy!

YouTube - Splash2

edgarz likes this.
  14. Crow

Crow Well-Known Member

Palawan!
    Any updates from other anglers or Castmaster?

Looking to do the usual- jigging, popping, spearing.
    How's the area? Fished out, marine preserves everywhere?
    Thank you!

15. jjv

jjv Junior member

Is there any sport fishing operators in Cebu or Bohol? I will be there in June and would like to do some fishing.

16. edgarz

edgarz Senior Member

Here's a pic of the first day of the recently concluded Siargao International Gamefishing Tournament held last Apr. 6-9. P1050298.JPG