PHENIX 869H FINISHED

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by graya, Jul 19, 2008.

1. graya

graya Junior member

Hi guys here are some pics of my Phenix 869H i just finished blanks is 8'6" rated 20-50 i used blue alps guides i really like these guides a lot can wait to get my hands on some with gold inserts. {thanks Bill Batson } Alps blue reel seat and gimbal i made a snowflake pattern with a blue fade from Billy's book i also tried to make an albacore weave from {rod builder JK} as for thread i used gold and blue madeira Xtra and for the fade i used some blues from madeira with a holland black and gold to frame the pattern for the guides i used black ncp metallic gold blue electra with some black and gold holland now i just need to get on boat and kill some fish with if you haven't pull on this blanks you should try them their are really nice and are now available.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.senortuna.com/pics/data/500/DSC02225.jpg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

nice job
    i like that
    what trim thread did you use in front of guide foot

3. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Very nice thread work.

4. graya

graya Junior member

Paul i used royal blue electra from gudebrod

nice job
    i like that
    what trim thread did you use in front of guide foot

5. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

Paul i used royal blue electra from gudebrod
    sorry...i just saw that......i ment the trimar looking threads betwen the blue:rolleyes:

6. graya

graya Junior member

Paul that thread is Holland it's a black and gold twist.

sorry...i just saw that......i ment the trimar looking threads betwen the blue:rolleyes:

7. Capt Richie

Capt Richie Site Sponsor

WOW great work..Lots of detail

8. rhale

rhale Senior Member

Very nice work..

9. VaRandy

VaRandy Site Sponsor

you ruined it with the Billboard with the company name and rod range on it. The owner knows what the rating is and shouldn't have to advertise that or the rod builder.

If you need that information, make it fine print. It is comparable to driving a car with the car name in 3 foot letters on the side.

10. graya

graya Junior member

i only build rods for my self and after a few years and to many rods it's hard to remember all the spec ts on the rods and since it's custom rod the builder could put what ever he wants on it if i was to build a rod for some body else i would ask them what they want on it.

you ruined it with the Billboard with the company name and rod range on it. The owner knows what the rating is and shouldn't have to advertise that or the rod builder.

If you need that information, make it fine print. It is comparable to driving a car with the car name in 3 foot letters on the side.

11. Cudakilla

Cudakilla Senior Member

EXCELLENT job!!!!! Very well done. Very good choice of color combinations. NOw all you need is some fish blood on it. :)