Phenix 5' Jigging Rod

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by graya, May 5, 2008.

1. graya

graya Junior member

Here are some picks of my latest rod i finished it took me a while to do but i finally did it the blank is a Phenix blank the blank was 5'9" rated 10-30 but i cutted down to 5' this blanks are thin but very strong this blanks are fast but if you want they have the strength to fish over their limit which i made this rod i could lift 20 pounds of dead weight with it. This is what i used on this blank fugi MNSG guides i acid wrapped the rod. i used Madeira for the rose butt wraps i made it split handle with roses and a little piece of tiger wrap on the bottom and some more roses on the top i used purple gudebrod for the underwraps and pink for the overwraps guides are triple wrapped i also made some lift test with it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    http://www.senortuna.com/pics/data/500/DSC01769.jpg

2. fishr1989

fishr1989 Senior Member

:D Nice job on the rod, did you turn the foregrip on a lathe to cut the rings out to make that shape then laid x wrap over?

the split grip is a nice touch as well.

what reel do you have on it in the pictures?

3. graya

graya Junior member

i used a 1/8 parting tool to cut some grooves on the hypalon on the bottom grips and 3/8 on the eva forgrip then put the xwrap tube over it the reel is and accurate 870 with a trinidad handle .

4. gmack

gmack Senior Member

Nice looking rod. Very impressive wrap work. Good luck with it!

Gary