360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aboard the Phat Cat 28ft Kevlar Cat were Rick, Ryan, Grescobia and my self.
Ryan had his first yft and enjoy the tuna heart:D.
I hooked my first Dorado on popper and almost get the treble hook in my leg.

Attachments

·
206 Posts
Nice report TJ, love the pics! Ryan, congrats on your first yft. You were in some really good company on that trip. All those guys are great teachers and fishermen.

·
Administrator
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bret, it was on laser blue wombat.
That Dorado come to the boat in about 1 minute or less after I hooked it, Ryan put the gaff in it (his first ever to gaff a fish) and brought it on board and the fun begun, LOL.

G

·
That Dorado come to the boat in about 1 minute or less after I hooked it, Ryan put the gaff in it (his first ever to gaff a fish) and brought it on board and the fun begun, LOL.
ohhh ok. i always like catching mahi because they're so cool looking.

he did a pretty good job being his first gaff!

·
1,553 Posts
nice mahi. confrats to your friend on his first yft, thats always a special moment in a fishermans life to catch a new species of fish. thanks for the report. i take it you guys were at boomvang.

·
Administrator
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys.

Kidflex, yes we were at Boomvang.
Boomvang and Nancen are parking lot, there were more than 15 boats at that area.

Were you there as well?

·
1,553 Posts
i wish dude. been too long since ive been at any floaters. been having to settle for light tackle offshore and inshore action till november.

·
686 Posts
Nice catch TJ! Looks like you guys had a great time. I'm trying to get a divorce so I can go fishing more often. :)

·
2,020 Posts
LOL!! divorce!!!

Nice catch guys! but you really shouldnt make the new guys strip down to thier underwear to fish in your boat! lol! i bet it was hot out there! oh well. cant beat some quality time on the big pond!

·
616 Posts
i heard from some old timer that if you throw a towel over their eyes they stop thrashing. we did that on my 50# yft which came to gaft less than 5 mins then was bled with little effort. this was easier than clubing the previous one to submission :)
nice trip & fish

·
377 Posts
IF YOU SPRAY THE FISH WITH SOME HOOTCH IT WILL SHUT DOWN IMMEDIATELY,LONG ENOUGHT TO PUT THEM IN THE.ICE CHEST.UNFORTUNATELY i WAS TOO BUSY DRINKING MINE AT THE TIME

1 - 20 of 28 Posts