Performance driving--does anyone want to join me at Motorsport Ranch?

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by Bellyups, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

I will be at the novice performance drivers ed on Saturday October 10th. I think the cost is $220 for course and helmit. This is my second trip and it is a lot of fun if you like driving fast. Expect six to seven 15-20 minute track sessions. Register through Apex Driving Academy . Here is the track. It is located about 15-20 miles south of Fort Worth, TX. This is limited to 18 registrants. Only 3 spots are left. With only 18 drivers on the track, it is not crowded at all. All 18 drivers are those from the novice course. No other groups are on the track at the same time.

Attached Files:

2. Grescobia

Grescobia Senior Member

Belly up ,wach out for the speed traps.

3. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Belly up ,wach out for the speed traps.

LOL! No traps on this course.

For those interested, this is the safest and one of the cheapest ways to test your car and skills. The track is in A+ shape.

4. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

sounds awesome, wish I still had my hotrod.........

5. bigscrnman

bigscrnman Senior Member

Wish I could, but mom's 60th takes precedent! I can't even go fishing that week, have to be in Tulsa.

6. crazyjigr

crazyjigr Senior Member

Scott what kind of car will you be driving

7. d-a

d-a Senior Member

Will they allow trucks?

d-a

8. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Will they allow trucks?

d-a

I was thinking the same thing. I think my 350 crew diesel would just kick up dust and be rather boring. I can do that at home in this drought.:) I'll also save $220 and not have to buy a helmet that will make the dust and sweat turn into mud on my face.:D I'll just head down to the coast this weekend and troll the baitless GOM. At least theres no dust out there. I might even get lucky and catch some fish.

9. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

James, it is a 1994 911 cabriolet. I have had it for 10 years and it is looking brand new but is being lowered with new suspension and a few extra little mods. It is a blast to drive. I am a big fan of the air cooled porsches.

Helmits are available for rent at $10.

It would be interesting to see Doug, James, and Mr. Bill racing their trucks around the course. :)

10. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

Yeah, you wouldn't want to stand on the outside of the corners.

Fred

11. crazyjigr

crazyjigr Senior Member

Thats a great car Scott I my past life I owned an import performance shop specializing in jap and german cars.The air cooled ones where always my favorites

12. margarita mojo

margarita mojo Senior Member

How fast can you get up to with your 911 on the track. I have only had my f250 Diesel up to 120 mph. I cant tell ya where I was, but wasnt there!!! :O

13. ichibahn

ichibahn ** Pak Lurah **

911 is my favorite classic sport car, I have 1984 911 Targa with wide body.
    Is fun classic sport car that you can modified the entire car, it's like toys.

14. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Mojo, Perhaps 120mph on the straight if you exit a corner well--you run out of space. I have only gone once and would take it up to 100mph as I was more concerned about learning the lines of the track. I found out driving is much more than straight line speed and braking.

Ichiban and James, great to hear you're part of the club! Car mods--makes reel mods look simple!!!