Perdido Spar arrives in Corpus

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by DeepBlueGulf, Jun 19, 2008.

1. DeepBlueGulf

DeepBlueGulf Senior Member

Here is a link to an article about the Perdido Spar that is going to be put in service about 220 miles from Galveston. It's coming into Corpus Christi this morning to be finished up! I haven't seen the exact location it'll be anchored at, but what is cool is that I get to see all the spars being worked on at Kiewit Offshore Services across Corpus Christi Bay! Always nice to see Yellowfin habitat being built!!

Giant platform hull arrives at Kiewit : Corpus Christi Local Business | Caller-Times |

2. xs_tackle

xs_tackle Senior Member

Here is a link to an article about the Perdido Spar . . .

Maybe if the Pres. had asked the Congress for "fish habitat" instead of offshore petroleum production he could have gotten results . . .

3. bpitcher

bpitcher Senior Member

looks like its going to be out there in the alminos canyon block 857 in nearly 8,000 feet of water! this will be a good chance for those who head out there to fish the canyons too.

4. Uncle Russ

Uncle Russ Senior Member

I got news for you folks--gas prices may be the key to electing McCain this time around. That old boy really has stolen a march on Obama--calling for offshore drilling and pointing out that not even Katrina caused an oil spill in the Gulf. This puts Obama in the unenviable position of defending a Democratic policy of "Walk to work, put on your sweater, turn out the lights, and freeze in the dark." That didn't do too well for Jimmy Carter and unless something drastic happens, the Democrats are going to be left sucking hind tit with the majority of moderate American voters.

I predict that Congress will ultimately fall all over itself authorizing "fish habitat." You gotta love it. :D

And as Dick Morris, Clinton's former advisor points out, the Arabs may have pulled the rug out from under themselves by getting greedy--we finally do our own drilling and authorize nuclear sites, and they can go piss up a rope.

And oh, did you see that Al Gore's total energy consumption this year was up 10 percent from last year? It's OK for him and Teddy boy to be fat hypocrites--just as long as they are Democrats. (Not saying there are no Republican fat hypocrites--mind you. :D )

Russ