Penn International ll 20t ?

Discussion in 'Reel Repair' started by TunaCows, May 21, 2007.

1. TunaCows

TunaCows Junior member

Hi Guys,

What can you say about this model ? Is it worth sending to Cal sheets to be modified for 2speed, drag gear ect, the works.!. Is this reel for worth keeping ..A friend of mine has three and is happy with his ..Please help !! Will use it for yft Jacks Sailfish Wahoo ..60lbs Mono and 65lbs Braid Mostly for trolling.. .. ..I cant seem to find info regarding this model on the web..

Thank you 360tuna.com also to Alantani..Verry informative site!Nothing like it! Cheers

2. Bret

Bret Senior Member

I sent my 20t to cals for the blueprinting and drags to fish 65lb spectra.. The reel has plenty of drag and enough freespool to where you can cast it a bit.. I added a reelcolors handle and its a great reel. I sometimes wish I had 2speeded it.. but its not much of an issue.. I say go for it.. others might tell you to buy another 2speed reel...

3. TunaCows

TunaCows Junior member

Hi Bret,

Thanks for the reply..I currently own an Avet 4EX and a Pro 30 Avet..Im happy with them but i cant play with it using 20 to 30 lbs line it like high drag setting ..Here in my country we dont have the luxury of having all the tackle due to the size of the boats ..Thats why minimizing gear will be best..Trolling and live baiting usually is productive..An avid friend of mine has 2 Cals2speed 20t international that he uses for 20 to 80lbs lines or braid..It has a smooth drag and solid feel..Simple screws for maintenance ..We are having difficulty with Tiagra here when it comes to service ..though it is fine out of the box..I also have 2 16t Tiagras..
    thanks for the help!!