Penn foul weather Bib

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by jiggawhat, Apr 13, 2009.

1. jiggawhat

jiggawhat Senior Member

Has anyone used Penn foul weather bibs(The big water).Charkbait has them for 19.99?I know that grundens are the top of the hill but for 20 bucks hey a deals a deal.Just looking for some info.Thanks Robert
    Clearance

2. d-a

d-a Senior Member

Has anyone used Penn foul weather bibs(The big water).Charkbait has them for 19.99?I know that grundens are the top of the hill but for 20 bucks hey a deals a deal.Just looking for some info.Thanks Robert
    Clearance

I have a couple pairs that I keep in the boat. They work for my intended purpose. They do have the neoprene cuffs, but there hard to get on, which means the seal up well on the arms.

d-a

3. Fishhead56

Fishhead56 Senior Member

I picked up a few of both styles, Light and Heavy.
    I plan to give them to some of my Buddies for GOM use.
    I have not tried them though.
    Can't be any worse than a trash can bag....

Kev.

4. Ricky-Ray

Ricky-Ray Member

I bought a pair from Charkbait too but haven't used them yet. For the price you can't go wrong. I figured for me the only time I would really use them would be when lobster season is on and I'm pulling net's or if the giant humboldt squids make a showing again then those would be the few times that I would use it.

Like someone else said...better than a trash bag. :)

5. rtran

rtran Senior Member

I have grundens hercules. Heavy and hot. But work...could get by will something lighter and thinner but it's only on for the boat rides anyway.

6. BFTMASTER

BFTMASTER Senior Member

i bought some carhartt bibs (yellow rainbibs), for around $45.00, they are in good shape after 3 years of various offshore trips and farm tasks in shitty conditions.

I would recommend them to a friend, they work good.

7. Jason4606

Jason4606 Tuna Club member

I actually think the Penn Senator set is just right for GOM. (And you can always wear more clothes underneath in really cold weather.) They're rugged enough, pack away flat, not too hot, have a reversible bibb, and like Doug said neoprene cuffs to keep sleeves dry underneath. There is no way you can beat $20 for the jacket and bib set. I thought they were a great deal when I paid $37.

Jason

8. ichibahn

ichibahn ** Pak Lurah **

I saw it this morning and they sold out for all small and medium size by noon today :eek: