Penn Dynabraid Tidecutter Supreme

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by MrBill, Nov 8, 2006.

1. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Has anybody tried the Penn Dynabraid Tidecutter Supreme braid line? I saw some on ebay, 300 bucks for 2200 yards of 80 pound. I also noticed that the Berkley fireling crystal braid is hitting the market. Anybody tried it? I hate being the first sucker on the block to waste money on something that doesn't cut the mustard.

2. Pope

Pope Senior Member

You have plenty of cash. Buy some, give it to me and I will tell you if it cuts the mustard.;)

3. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Pope, its possible I'm a homeless person that has access to the Internet in the evenings at the homeless shelter. When I get off the streets after a hard day of begging, I have to listen to a preacher tell me about God and life before they give me a bowl of rice and beans.

If I don't have alcohol on my breath, they let me spend the night. They give some sheets and I make up my bed and mop floors and attend to the mental cases. As soon as the sun comes up they toss me back out on the streets for another day of roaming around looking for a sucker to give me some cash.

4. Pope

Pope Senior Member

Stop making fun of the indigent and send me some fishing line:D

5. Bazztex

Bazztex Senior Member

Mr Bill

2200yds of Penn Dynabraid 80# for $300...or aprox $325 with shipping??

You can get 2ea 1500Yd spools of Power Pro 80# off Ebay for $250 ..3000yds $275 with combined shipping.

Berkley Fireline Crystal is'nt listed above 20#.. so far. I dont think we'll be seeing much of it offshore unless you're after Dodo chickens.

Bazz

6. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

i ust purchased a 1500 yard spool of strens new braid in the a 65lb test 1500 yard spool. the pricing wasnt very good about 165.00 for the spool. seems to be a little softer than power pro but still has the green dye that gets all over your hands and guides when you spool it up. will put it to the test hopoefully on gem-06. if i find any negatives i will post up...rick

7. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

I just got a 500 yard spool of the Berkly 180 hollow, it was supposed to be 150, it feels good, no dye and is easy to form a loop in. JB 130 is .43mm and the Big Game 180 is .47.

8. Deep_Sea_Gull

Deep_Sea_Gull Lifetime Supporting Members

I just got a 500 yard spool of the Berkly 180 hollow, it was supposed to be 150, it feels good, no dye and is easy to form a loop in. JB 130 is .43mm and the Big Game 180 is .47.
    How does it do when you insert a loop puller?

9. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Works like a charm Tony.