Pelican trip Nov 11 at port Aransas

Discussion in 'Boat Pooling' started by capn_billl, Oct 29, 2008.

1. capn_billl

capn_billl Junior member

48 hour tuna run to deep floaters. On the Pelican at Deep Sea Headquarters. Leaves dock at Nov 11 6:00am. They have some tuna poles, bring own gear if you got it. bring own food and drink. P.M. to confirm as soon as possible when I get 5 confirms I will reserve trip.

2. BAOSABI

BAOSABI Senior Member

3. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

When was this originally posted? We're set to make the 11/11/ trip. Maybe this was the trip that cancelled to make ours possible.

Fred

4. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

Maybe this is on the GE?

5. BAOSABI

BAOSABI Senior Member

When was this originally posted? We're set to make the 11/11/ trip. Maybe this was the trip that cancelled to make ours possible.

Fred

We're still on, right Fred! I will call DSH tomorrow just to make sure.

6. 2busy

2busy Senior Member

I'll get Rick to call also. As far as i know we have all paid and it is our trip. I dont know why Capn Bill is posting this, unless he is mistaken on the boat or date.

7. BAOSABI

BAOSABI Senior Member

They have not cashed my check yet. How about you guys?

8. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

We're still on.

Fred

9. wishn4fishn

wishn4fishn Member

I talked to Peggy at DSH at 7:45 AM 7-30-08. Peggy confirmed that the Pelican trip on November 11 was full and she had recieved payment from all 12 of us. I'm not sure what capn billl is talking about unless it is different boat. See you soon Rick.

10. Cudakilla

Cudakilla Senior Member

hmmmzz..we got $650 x 12

He's booking for $650 x 10?

11. wishn4fishn

wishn4fishn Member

I guess there must be 2 boats called the Pelican also. We will have to get more information from capn billl

12. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

hmmmzz..we got $650 x 12

He's booking for $650 x 10?
    Who payin premium??

13. capn_billl

capn_billl Junior member

MY mistake, I didn't mean to stir everyone up. When I called and asked for the next open slot they told me nov 4 or nov 11. Since I got more calls for the nov 11, I posted that date. When I called to confirm they told me Nov 11 was already booked on the Pelican, but Gulf Eagle is open. Gulf Eagle takes 15 people. Since I only have 6 maybes, right now I don't see how this is going to work. If anyone has an open slot, or suggestions on how to book a trip I'm listening.

14. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Nov 7 on the Scatcat.

15. 2busy

2busy Senior Member

Cuda Killer, untill DSH decides what the fuel surcharge is we dont know what the actual price is.

At the time we got this trip going it was $1950 for fuel.Hopefully it has came down with the fuel prices.

The boat was $6000 for 12 people. $5500 for 10 people back when we first started getting the ball rolling. $550 ea + fuel for 10 or $500 ea + fuel for 12.

Right now i have not heard what the fuel surcharge is at this time.Maybe some one will have that info that went on the Pelican this week.

16. 2busy

2busy Senior Member

Now if the price of the boat hasn't changed and is still $5500 for 10 people. Then at Capn Bill s quoted price of $650 ea. Then the fuel cost would be $1000.

So with those figures(purely speculation on my part) then $6000 boat + $1000 fuel would be $7000 divided by 12 people.At a cost of $583 ea. Wouldnt that be nice.

I'm just guessing on the fuel price with the prices quoted us when we first checked into the trip.Rember i said the fuel price was $1950 in the beginning and subject to change with fuel price.

17. Cudakilla

Cudakilla Senior Member

It is what it is. I'm just happy to get to go hang some fish. :)

18. capn_billl

capn_billl Junior member

Nov 7 on the Scatcat.

I would like to be on that trip, but a Friday departure puts it right in the middle of my work week. A Monday or Tuesday departure means I dont have to take more than 1 day off.

19. capn_billl

capn_billl Junior member

The rest of the story. I talked with the owner today, and He had intended to use the Gulf Eagle for this trip. Since gas prices were dropping, (and I sounded desperate to fish, and the Pelican was taken), He was willing to let it go with only 10 people, (it usually runs with 15). I've gotten 6 PM's from interested people so far. For 10 people it would cost $650.00/person. For 12 or 15 it would be even less.
    As an alternate is there any chance of you guys upgrading to let a couple more on??

20. capn_billl

capn_billl Junior member

Nov 7 on the Scatcat.
    Its still a little early to be certain, but there is a frontal system on thursday that will be bringing a significant winds. Right now Friday, and saturday are looking a little bumpy.