Pelagic brand

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by jiggawhat, Jan 9, 2009.

1. jiggawhat

jiggawhat Senior Member

2. jiggawhat

jiggawhat Senior Member

I was just wondering cause the info says 15-20kg of drag.Thats alot more than the avet they are comparing it to.Looks like a wimnner

3. saw1665

saw1665 Junior member

I have several of the 50 two speeds, PLD 30's and braid and jigs.
    So far I love them but the vedict is still out, haven't gotten any hogs on them yet and not sure what happens when I need new drag washers and such. I have did a lot of research and they seem to be the same body that is used on alot of the generic Oriental reels. I would love to kjow more if anyone else has tried them also.

4. Iliveoutside

Iliveoutside Senior Member

Just posted this under the linked thread:

Currious about the actual bearings used. I used to sell bearings, and I know quite a bit about them. The Chinese are not known for making good bearings. Manufacturing quality bearings requires a clean facility with a lot of very expensive machines. Many Chinese bearing factories were famous for their dirty facilities, and cheap machines. Some even using huts with dirt floors. They also used poor quality steel. That was 7-8 years ago, so they may have improved, but I certainly don't think of "made in china" as a badge of quality. I'll stick with Avet--made in USA, and I know I can get parts and support.

5. jiggawhat

jiggawhat Senior Member

Hey saw hows the fishing down there?I havnt fished there in about 8 years.I graduated from EAU Gallie.I never went offshore their cause the rivers were right there. I was just browsing and this reel looked good cnc and everything . I was just wondering how long it would last.

6. moonsoft

moonsoft Member

Has anyone bought or used any of pelagic brand stuff(jigs, reels, line)? I saw some lure and jigs for cheep just wanted to know if its worth taking a look at.Some of the reels look pretty tuff but ive never heard of them and didnt want a piece of crap thats gonna break!PELAGIC OMOTO EXTREME VS10 LEVER DRAG JIGGING GAME REEL - eBay (item 230318580976 end time Jan-12-09 02:20:22 PST)

Well Im using this line, and will let you know once I get back from the coast. I am planning on using about 500m of it with a topshoot wind on leader 25'