360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in a market for a PE5 to PE6 jigging rod, and had narrowed down to the following 3 candidates :

1. Yamaga Blanks Galahad 526B. Galahad | YAMAGA Blanks
2. Tenryu Jig-Zam Dragg Force JDF561B-G7. https://fishing.tenryu-magna.com/offshore/jig-zam_draggforce.html
3. Tenryu Jig-Zam Deep Rider JDR561B-6K. https://fishing.tenryu-magna.com/offshore/jig-zam_deeprider.html

I'll mainly be using the rod for grouper up to ~40lb with PE5 or PE6 braid and very heavy drag to haul the fish away from bottom snags in the initial take, so a strone backbone and lifting power and durability are prime requirements.

Can anyone that had fished with any of the above 3 candidates share your experience feedback on them please?

Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would go with the Tenryu. Yamaga makes awesome blanks but the Tenryu blank is one of a kind. I have a few Tenryu's and they are awesome. I am more into slow pitch jigging but if your looking for a jigging rod with backbone i would go Tenryu.
Draggforce is more for heavy pulling with a faster action.
Deeprider is more normal action (closer to a slow pitch rod) but with the backbone to withstand moderate drag.

If your wallet is deep., check out Mc Works. They have several models for offshore jigging. Maybe for you the "Dual Edge" bait model , DE605LR/B would be good. Can handle 12kg of drag pressure. Probably more than enough. Or the DE604LR/B with 9kg of drag pressure. Both can handle around 200~400 gram jigs. They are made for pulling big amberjack so similar to grouper i assume.

·
Site Sponsor
3,916 Posts
Are you located inside the USA ? If so I have the Yamaga in stock and it would come with a 2 year warranty, the others you mentioned will come with no warranty whatsoever (once they leave Japan).... just something to consider. I've never fished the others so I cannot comment on the fishability, I do sell alot of Yamaga and people are always happy with them

1 - 3 of 3 Posts