parts for stella FA

Discussion in 'Reel Repair' started by north coast, Sep 14, 2009.

1. north coast

north coast Senior Member

I bought a used stella on ebay. cheap,But you get what you pay for. The line roller bearings, in the bail were toast. got the schematic. (here ,by the way) and called shimano. Of coarse, they don't have the parts I need. (WHY?) They send me what is supposed to be a replacement, Of coarse ,they don't fit!So, after a lot of hunting, I come across a shop in Georgia, that Has a woman in the parts Dept. there, that is worth her weight in gold.They don't have the bearings that I need, but she is somehow able to look up what else might fit as a replacement. she finds a few, and happens to have one of these in stock. I have them in the reel now .THEY FIT. In this day and age I almost expect Incompetence, lazyness, and a general lack of caring.(like the expensive bearings that I now have to send back to shimano) It was refreshing to deal with this woman ,as she spent some time looking up what I needed and what she came up with actually worked.I told her how much I appreciated her competence and professionalism. she said she's been at this some 20 odd years.
    When any of you need Shimano parts, I couldn't more highly recommend this shop and this woman. I forget her name ,But the shop is:
    Nutter Rod and reel service
    white GA.
    770 386 3978

2. d-a

d-a Senior Member

I bought a used stella on ebay. cheap,But you get what you pay for. The line roller bearings, in the bail were toast. got the schematic. (here ,by the way) and called shimano. Of coarse, they don't have the parts I need. (WHY?) They send me what is supposed to be a replacement, Of coarse ,they don't fit!So, after a lot of hunting, I come across a shop in Georgia, that Has a woman in the parts Dept. there, that is worth her weight in gold.They don't have the bearings that I need, but she is somehow able to look up what else might fit as a replacement. she finds a few, and happens to have one of these in stock. I have them in the reel now .THEY FIT. In this day and age I almost expect Incompetence, lazyness, and a general lack of caring.(like the expensive bearings that I now have to send back to shimano) It was refreshing to deal with this woman ,as she spent some time looking up what I needed and what she came up with actually worked.I told her how much I appreciated her competence and professionalism. she said she's been at this some 20 odd years.
    When any of you need Shimano parts, I couldn't more highly recommend this shop and this woman. I forget her name ,But the shop is:
    Nutter Rod and reel service
    white GA.
    770 386 3978

Ive never dealt with them, but I have heard good things about there reel service. I should do some business with them since there less than an hour away from me.

d-a

3. txseadog

txseadog Moderator

Is this 10000 FA (and a couple other reels) that went for $98 a couple of weeks ago?

4. north coast

north coast Senior Member

Is this 10000 FA (and a couple other reels) that went for $98 a couple of weeks ago?
    No, but I wish I had seen that one.:) This was a 20000 that I paid $325.00 for. even with the few headaches, still a reasonably good deal. I took a nice 150 lb. ballpark fish with it yesterday.worked fine.