360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading to this lodge with a buddy in February and just wondered if anyone knew how the lodge's fishing equipment is or whether it's better to bring your own here. I have a mix of rods from APS; but, figured it might not be worth lugging it down if they keep top notch equipment on their boats.

·
2,753 Posts
I'd would suggest some rod carrier. I believe the best is Nature Boy's. They have an orange color one that is easily seen when coming out of the baggage terminal.

Mine is still sitting at kil's shop.

·
952 Posts
We have a black rod case, and now that you mention it, I guess it would be kind of cool if it was orange. :/ I guess we have to start collecting some flashy stickers to put on it. :)

·
2,924 Posts
Always bring your own gear because you know it's limits and condition. I also suggest bright colored case easy to spot. I have bright highly stickered car mate case although I will be switching to a nature boys case soon

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the advise. I've got the orange carmate. Not sure where to get the nature boy case at this time. Now to rod choice.
Any advise on the following:
Smith KGS 70MH vs Zenaq FC 70-3 for inshore
OR BD 100 vs zenaq FC 76-3 for offshore.
For jigging will also bring zenaq fb53-12 and hots wei 52

·
1,482 Posts
Not sure where to get the nature boy case at this time.

Kil has these - jignpop.com, then just call him up for the order. lots of good stuff on there.

i am completely unfamiliar with the rods, so i am no help there. but i have been eyeing up those Nature Boys cases, because i need to start getting ready for Tuna next year :)

·
Site Sponsor
816 Posts
Thanks for the advise. I've got the orange carmate. Not sure where to get the nature boy case at this time. Now to rod choice.

with the arsenal you have i don't think that you would have any problem,
as for the Rod case we do sell both and in my opinion the Carmate rod case is by far the best rod case ever made, just my 2 cents:)

·
2,924 Posts

1. Smith KGSMH would be my choice over the Zenaq 70-3, that blank has beaten some really sizable fish

2. BD 100 versus the 76-4: this is a hard comparasin, do you like longer rods or shorter rods. The BD 100 is 8'8 the Zenaq 76-3 is 7'6" long. I dont know if Ocean Revolution rods will still be in production so I would suggest the Zenaq out of the two rods named

3. Zenaq fb 53-12 is a great rod, personally I really enjoyed the Hots 52XH. I felt like it had balls but some length to really move the jig. But it depends on your jiging style. Once again you cant go wrong with a zenaq product

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the help.
I see Sami of past APS opened a new shop. Will have to come down before the trip to buy some poppers. Looking forward to the variety of fishing offered in Panama.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts