Panama Sucks and we're not going back!

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by Boston Tangler, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Boston Tangler

Boston Tangler Site Sponsor

Until November or Feb....enjoy the pics everyone.

We had a fantastic time at the Panama Sportfishing Lodge immediately following the tournament.

I flew down early Sunday and met up with John, Reggie, Roza and Peter and we traveled to the lodge to get a couple of days of fishing some of our CM220 Hammered Jigs, HPA Gear, OTI Custom Tuna Sniper rods that Paul was nice enough to get rushed for me, Aluctecnos reels and gear, Jigging Master PE4 and some other new products. I think we also got enough good pics to keep us busy with marketing for the next few months ;) and carrying into the 4 East Coast Shows we will be exhibiting at this Winter.

For anyone interested Peter, Roza and I are interested in getting a group of about 8 to 10 (one bus) to go back down this November - either before or just after Thanksgiving. We all agreed that the pace of this trip was pretty brutal and we packed alot in with little time to really enjoy all the other stuff to do down there, Gigging, Snook, kayak, hiking, diving, or just sitting on the deck More Tequila - Si!. So I think the next trip is going to be a combo something like:

Everyone flys down and we meet at Hotel Vento / Stay over there 1st night
    Leave Hotel Vento @ 11am not later than noon for Lodge, have dinner, get settled in.
    Lodge Day 1: Inshore Popping/Jigging within 1 hour of lodge (>20 miles)
    Day 2: Offshore Tuna
    Day 3: Anglers choice: sighting or private beach/kayak/cookout/making surf casting ?, or snook/gigging.
    Day 4: Offshore
    Day 5 Offshore
    Night of Day five: Farewell buffet dinner at lodge
    Day six: Leave Lodge for Hotel Vento no later than noon sharp. Arrive Vento for fairwell diner and night on the town
    Day 7: Back to work

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Albiemanmike

Albiemanmike Senior Member

Hubba Hubba............where do I get me some of dem'!!!!!!!

3. chf1949

chf1949 Senior Member

Nice rod holders!

4. Boston Tangler

Very important to have the right gear...as it was rainy season we wanted to test out all the new HPA products

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And of course the new jigs

[​IMG]

5. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

That's just not fair. I only got to take pictures of Wacker on my trip to Panama.

HPA = Horny Pesca Angler

6. Boston Tangler

That's great I like it :D

Can u guys make it down this November - it would be great to fish with you!

7. wacker

wacker Senior Member

That's just not fair. I only got to take pictures of Wacker on my trip to Panama.

HPA = Horny Pesca Angler

You are right! Me being a fair guy I thank we should go back and try it again.
    Kinda a mulligan thing ya know.;)

8. Enoch

Enoch Senior Member

I see you had a great trip and from a business persprctive you sponsored local talent

9. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

looks like a great trip. nice advertising

10. panamasportfishinglodge

panamasportfishinglodge Site Sponsor

While Dan , Raza and Peter was enjoying themselves popping and jigging , I was hard at work doing the photo shoot , taking care of the models , it was tough there is not too much area in the center console to change outfit privately , I was very tired at the end of the day;)

11. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

I bet the only thing that was tired on your body was from the straining of your eyes.:)

If you could teach those models to be Captains, the lodge would be full year round. :D Macho and Sergio are great Captains, but they lack sex appeal on those days when the fish have lockjaw.:D

This is off-topic, but a friend of mine keeps a little book in his boat. The title
    in bold letters on the cover says "Gays I met while trolling". Of course, most people would pick up the book and open it up to find all the pages blank.:D

12. panamasportfishinglodge

panamasportfishinglodge Site Sponsor

"If you could teach those models to be Captains, the lodge would be full year round. Macho and Sergio are great Captains, but they lack sex appeal on those days when the fish have lockjaw."

that means rainy season , the crew will be all wet , LOL

" then no one will catch any fish '' popping and jigging will completely be a different sport

13. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

This is my new favorite thread. I haven't been yet but I love Panama!

14. MJ4

MJ4 Senior Member

Good stuff Dan but you better hope the wifey dont see these pics or youll never go back....Im jealous...All I got to fish with this week was John...

15. workin

workin Member

I

This is off-topic, but a friend of mine keeps a little book in his boat. The title
    in bold letters on the cover says "Gays I met while trolling". Of course, most people would pick up the book and open it up to find all the pages blank.:D

You big bully....you inthenthative brute!

16. Boston Tangler

The Cubera's took Jigs, Plugs, and from time to time we'd throw em a live bonita. Believe it or not easier to hook them on lures as they would eat the belly of the bait and leave the rest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plenty of Jacks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Boston Tangler

We trolled some plugs and quickly filled the box with 9 nice Wahoo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Rainbowrunner

Rainbowrunner Fishing Guru

"Models", Geez, I thought those were deckhands!

dale

While Dan , Raza and Peter was enjoying themselves popping and jigging , I was hard at work doing the photo shoot , taking care of the models , it was tough there is not too much area in the center console to change outfit privately , I was very tired at the end of the day;)