PANAMA SPORTFISHING LODGE FISHING REPORT 1JAN/17-24

Discussion in 'South of the Border' started by panamasportfishinglodge, Feb 10, 2009.

1. panamasportfishinglodge

panamasportfishinglodge Site Sponsor

THEY SURE ARE JUMPING IN THE BOAT !!! THIS WEEK WE HAVE SKIP HOAGLAND AND RAZ REID ,ALSO ANTONIO RAMOS DOING A SINGLE(FIRST TIME FISHING IN PANAMA AND HE WANTED TO CATCH A BLACK MARLIN) LOTS OF BLUEWATER ACTION AND OF COURSE GIANT CUBERA SNAPPER ,NICE WEATHER COMPLIMENTED THE AWESOME FISHING ,ALL TOGETHER RASIED MORE THAN A DOZEN MARLIN ,RELEASE SIX WITH ONE DOUBLE HEADER,THIS IS TWICE IN THE LAST 30 DAYS THAT WE HAD A DOUBLE HEADER ,A BLUE AND A BLACK ,LOTS OF BIG SAILFISH,CUBERA SNAPPER ,MULLET SNAPPER , DORADOS,ETC. SPECIES ENJOY THE PICS.

Panama Sportfishing, panama fishing charters | Panamsportfishinlodge.com

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp157/panamasportfishinglodge/DSC_1569.jpg

2. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Hi. How many rod holders are on the boats?

Would you mind someone going after Marlin and large tuna with their spinner gear?

If one came down, it appears you have all the heavy trolling outfits. Do you also have the heavy duty belt harness's in the pictures, or does one need to bring his own?

Do you have internet access at your lodge?

3. panamasportfishinglodge

Mr. Bill
    6 Rod holder on the gunnel,10 on the leaning post,2 on the rail for popping rod and 6 more on the t-top,I am actually getting set up to catch Marlin on spinning (personally) w/ Stella 20000 and custom jigging master rod from Ksong ,we use OTR harness but you are welcome to bring your own, the lodge is wired and wi-fi from top to bottom

4. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Couple of more questions.

Do you provide a box lunch for the boats?
    Do you keep Scotch at your bar for after fishing hours?
    What are the normal fishing hours per day?
    Do you inshore fish (roosters, cubera's) and offshore fish (marlin, sails, tuna) on the same day, or just do one or the other?

I thought I read where you are thinking about doing an optional overnight trip. Can you give me any details on that option.

Do the Capt's speak any English or does one need to brush up on their Spanish?

5. panamasportfishinglodge

Box lunches,snacks,fresh fruits,bottled water soda & beers included in the boat,only the finest Scotch whiskey for you Mr. Bill ,6-6:30 am till 5 pm ,from the dock to Hannilbal banks or Montuosa is an 1 1/2 hour ride "not bad " cruise 28 - 30 knots , we normally do the rooster and cubera on the way back in the afternoon unless you want to strickly fish for them

6. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

only the finest Scotch whiskey for you Mr. Bill

That's nice to know.:)

I edited my post above with a couple of other questions that you might have missed while typing. Thanks for responding. Your lodge looks very nice in the pictures. Ksong's report on your new place has me interested in fishing with you guys.

7. d-a

d-a Senior Member

That's nice to know.:)

I edited my post above with a couple of other questions that you might have missed while typing. Thanks for responding. Your lodge looks very nice in the pictures. Ksong's report on your new place has me interested in fishing with you guys.

When are you thinking of going?

d-a

8. panamasportfishinglodge

We have a larger Stamas express Fisherman that is loaded /Outboard Power w/ diesel gen. cruise at 28 knts. A/c . stove ,shower and the whole shabang that can fish the Jicaron area 68 miles from the lodge ,you can fish at night also for deep jigging and my captains speaks English

9. masonboro

masonboro Senior Member

Awesome Cubera's,I can't wait for April!! Thank's for report and keep them coming!

10. crazyjigr

crazyjigr Senior Member

When are you thinking of going?

d-a
    Maybe we need to get the Team together for a trip here instead of the big..or La.:rolleyes:

11. d-a

d-a Senior Member

Maybe we need to get the Team together for a trip here instead of the big..or La.:rolleyes:

I am in, but you already knew that

d-a

12. rtran

rtran Senior Member

panama your really on top of your game. many fisherman may be going your way soon!