Panama City Hotel

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by BretABaker, Apr 13, 2009.

1. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

I am arriving in Panama a day early, and am looking for a decent place to stay for a night. Dan and I will be splitting a room, and it doesn't need to be the nicest thing ever, but I don't want a slum that I'll be worried about having my gear broken into when I go see the canal and check out the city.

Any recommendations?

2. fathom

fathom Lifetime Supporting Members

Sheraton Panama Hotel & Convention Center
    Israel Avenue, at 77th Street, San Francisco
    Panama Republic of Panama
    Phone: (507) 305-5100 Fax: (507) 305-5101

3. peterk814

peterk814 Senior Member

hey bret i thought you were getting in on saturday? Who is Dan?

4. gman

gman Senior Member

Sheraton Panama Hotel & Convention Center
    Israel Avenue, at 77th Street, San Francisco
    Panama Republic of Panama
    Phone: (507) 305-5100 Fax: (507) 305-5101

i second that

5. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

hey bret i thought you were getting in on saturday? Who is Dan?

ha, no on the 17th. not sure why i didnt realize itd be a day early.

Dan Harley - another guy coming on our trip, i think from Bass Barn. He's from the Philly area from the number i talked to him at.

6. peterk814

peterk814 Senior Member

I thought our trip was full?

7. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I thought our trip was full?
    There is still one spot open due to cancelation, but I decided to go with 11 as I don't have time to look for another fisherman now.

8. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

I spent the night at the "Riande Aeropuerto Hotel & Resort"

It was $104.50. It's OK. Only 5 minutes from the main airport and has a shuttle. Watch out for the shuttle as everybody and their brother uses it.
    After waiting in line for 15 minutes I told the guy I wanted a cab. After about another ten minutes, I asked for a cab again. Here's the deal. They don't know what "Cab" means. You have to say "Taxi" and you will have one in less than one minute as they stack up just beyond where I could see.:mad: :mad:

One more thing. Don't forget to get to the airport 3 hours ahead of your flight. Once you miss you flight, you have to use the phone at the airport. It's expensive. I made five phones calls. I had to use a credit card as the phone didn't take bills. Only change. The calls were $42.50 each.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: