360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy Nikos Mamais an avid angler in Panama ,invited me to go fishing at the lake this afternoon , I just kinda said maybe , now I wish I went , he boated a very nice Tarpon weighing in at 110# ,catching it on a red & white Rapala, the Tarpons inside the Canal have grown huge via the Carribean side, the lake is pure fresh water ,
Kil and I was just fishing there a few days ago ,here are some pics , unfortunately they could not revived the fish , great catch on light tackle , congratulation to Nikos

·
Site Sponsor
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice! ehy john how tough would it be to do a half day of this kind of fishing on the last day of our trip?

Bret I can set it up , just got to make sure there is enough time in the schedule

·
Site Sponsor
3,887 Posts
Holy shibitz!!! That's a monster -John since Canal is somewhat close to airport would it be possible to do this the day we get into PTY ? BTW Peter and I are flying in two days early to prepare :p So maybe we could fish the Lake on Saturday morning ? like Bret said maybe a half day trip ? It would be great to target snook and tarpon like that!!!!

G

·
ok sounds good john i'll check with everyone on the trip. my thought is that last day when we go back to PTY. If everyone is flying back the next day then maybe we can get up early and get the afternoon fishing in then crash back at the veneto before flying home. never caught a tarpon :)

·
Site Sponsor
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let me get this straight , you guys want to catch , Black Marlin , Big Yellowfin Tuna , Pacific Sailfish , Snappers 5 species , Roosterfish , AJs , Groupers and now Snooks & Tarpons , wait a minute you guys think I am a " Magician ":rolleyes: " NO PROBLEM " BTW don't forget Lucy Lui also ;)

·
Site Sponsor
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's right Gary , I forgot about the Rainbow Trout on the highlands of Chiriqui , now I have to change the name of my Lodge , any idea what I should call it ? LOL

·
Site Sponsor
3,887 Posts
Let me get this straight , you guys want to catch , Black Marlin , Big Yellowfin Tuna , Pacific Sailfish , Snappers 5 species , Roosterfish , AJs , Groupers and now Snooks & Tarpons , wait a minute you guys think I am a " Magician ":rolleyes: " NO PROBLEM " BTW don't forget Lucy Lui also ;)

You might want to keep Peter and Raza away from your Black Marlin stocks :eek: :eek: :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts