360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations for pacific coast of Panama, Area and/or Fshing Outfit.
I intend to go in April or May 2022. Hopefully 5 or 6 days fishing.
I've been looking at Pedasi but I read (just 1 report mind) that the Tuna don't stage there and move through so by April and May, tuna could be sporadic.
Also, are Panga's worth considering if I'm looking for 6 days in a boat with a good mix of inshore and offshire?

·
Site Sponsor
3,915 Posts
If you are intent on targeting tuna (of any bigger class) I would go to a lodge that's boat's can reach the more famous tuna grounds at Hannibal Bank. Panafishing is a great lodge, I have been there and I would highly recommend it for chasing exotics first (Cubera, Rooster and Tuna as a secondary or third tier there) they just don't get the run of cows that the "Banko" gets. If you do want to target tuna in May, I have a group trip (in its 10th year less a Covid hiatias) May 15th to 21st at Paradise Lodge which is about 50 miles (2 hours run) to the Hannibal Bank area. Typically guys will do half and half - once they hang a big tuna they will go looking for Rooster, Cubera, etc feel free to PM me we can strike up a chat

·
Registered
8 Posts
We took a group of 6 experienced freshwater anglers (with no tuna experience) to Sport Fish Panama Island Lodge in April, and we loved it so much that we went back with a group of 8 last week. Just an amazing experience from start to finish -- loads of tuna both times, plus various other species. Everything about the trips was top notch: food, boats, equipment. We even had a delay on the short flight from David to PTY that was going to cause some of our group to miss their flights and SFPIL's travel agent rebooked everyone (across three different airlines), shuttled us to comped hotels, took what could have been a nightmare situation and made it palatable.

We're already trying to figure out how and when to get back in 2022.

Tuna were more plentiful and more likely to eat a popper in April, but they were bigger in November.

Happy to put you in touch with Shane if you're interested -- [email protected]

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts