360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
1,718 Posts
I believe I posted something about this line last year. I have it on my light (freshwater and inshore rigs) and love it. It is very round and casts well. If I found some which was heavier than 20lb, I would buy it. I have 10lb on my crappie rigs and 20lb on my inshore rigs. Good stuff!

·
1,718 Posts
It is not coated with wax. I believe it is more limp than Power Pro and it packs on the spool very evenly with binding on itself. I wish I had some heavier line so I could compare it to Izorline or Jerry Brown, which is what I have on my two heaviest outfits.

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya I actually found a guy in little little fishing shop in Austin who has a coupld of 1500 yard spools. He somehow ordered the wrong line as he owns a Bass fishing shop. He said he would sell them to me for $65 per spool. It looks like a good deal.

·
1,718 Posts
Ya I actually found a guy in little little fishing shop in Austin who has a coupld of 1500 yard spools. He somehow ordered the wrong line as he owns a Bass fishing shop. He said he would sell them to me for $65 per spool. It looks like a good deal.

What lb test is the line?

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ONe is 65# and one is 80# I think I am going to buy both of them.
Just wanted to make sure somebody has used some of it before.

·
2,024 Posts
the color comes off and clumps on your reel. it did it very badly to a bass reel I have. I wont use it again.

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Another friend of mine jsut told me that he had the same thing happen with his inshore reel. He told me to get Power Pro.:(
I guess I will just get some spiderwire for it... Was just looking for a deal.

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
powerpro is the devil! I rate it up there with scopolamine.
HAHAHAHAHA

I had some loaded on my Calcutta. I kept casting a Top Dog and having to go get it. The line had a weak spot every 2-3 feet and would just fray apart... I was so pissed you have no idea!!!:mad:
One of those days I just went in early cause I could do it...:(

·
2,024 Posts
thats a normal occcurence with power pro.. you dont know how loyal I was to it for years.. then it went to shiet. I lost SOOOO many bass in tournments with it breaking halfway down the line...... money fish! No problems what so eva with spiderwire.

·
655 Posts
HAHAHAHAHA

I had some loaded on my Calcutta. I kept casting a Top Dog and having to go get it. The line had a weak spot every 2-3 feet and would just fray apart... I was so pissed you have no idea!!!:mad:
One of those days I just went in early cause I could do it...:(

are you sure you didn't have a chipped guide that was cutting the line? I've had that same thing happen, and only realize the guide was chipped after I bothered to check

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
are you sure you didn't have a chipped guide that was cutting the line? I've had that same thing happen, and only realize the guide was chipped after I bothered to check
Nope...stainless steel guides. Its a waterloo rod, my favorite. I still use it most of the time.

·
1,718 Posts
I have not had a problem with it. I have it loaded on my inshore reels for this weekend. I will be hunting reds and trout. I will see how it performs in the salt.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts